Search results

1. A

New user with oil pressure warning problem

Old post but wanted to ask you was your oil warning coming at cold temperature or hot ? I have a 1.9 TDI Jetta 03. My engine was rebuilt and now it's throwing the oil warning. It only does it like 10-15 minutes after fully warmed up and smokes a bit more at that time and not while warming...
  2. A

ALH Low Oil Alarm... Is there one?

Thanks. I just had my 03 ALH rebuilt by some guy that now doesn't want to work on it anymore. I'm not very knowledgeable about this engine. But now after the rebuilt, I'm getting low pressure light and beep. Also low oil level. I checked the level and it's good. I will check the check engine...
  3. A

ALH Low Oil Alarm... Is there one?

Old post but what bearings did you change that fixed the oil pressure light ? Or I misunderstood you.
  4. A

ALH 1.9 TDI - Plastic piece that oil pan mounts into?

Old post sorry but I have to ask you. I just had my engine rebuilt. I'm not familiar with ALH but the mechanic used parts of my ALH engine 03 and parts of his ALH engine, not sure what year. He said the lower end is from his and the cylinder head is from mine. Also the oil pump is from mine...
  5. A

2002 Eurovan TDI

I wont be able to do the swap I have to pay someone which is very expensive.
  6. A

2002 Eurovan TDI

In Europe these cars have the 2.5 tdi which never came to the US.
  7. A

2002 Eurovan TDI

Way can't I ? I know it's a lot of work, engine, tranny, exhaust, fuel tank, fuel lines etc but it's doable.
  8. A

2002 Eurovan TDI

Hey folks, I found a very nice 2002 VW Eurovan that has a bad tranny and its petrol. I had this crazy idea of shipping it to Europe for "vacation" and swap a TDI engine with a manual tranny on it, and then bring it back to US. I was thinking to ship it to Kosovo or Albania where labor and...
  9. A

Timing belt check

There is no oil dripping from the exhaust. Yes the fins on the turbo were bad and there was shaft play, so I replaced the turbo with a good used one. It has 190k miles, the mounts don't look that bad, I did try to move the engine by hand and it had some movement nothing crazy. I will get a...
  10. A

Timing belt check

Thank you !
  11. A

Timing belt check

Thank you
  12. A

Timing belt check

I will do a compression test soon. Yeah most likely the turbo failed and caused engine damage. I did open the valve cover and didn't see anything wrong. I hope it's not bent rods. That has to be really hard to check I'm guessing.
  13. A

Timing belt check

I only have the free version of vcds. Also another issue is that I can't reach operating temperature because the car smokes like crazy and it's parked in a apartment complex garage. From reading around it seems that it has to be at operating temp to check the timing graph and IQ. Do you know...
  14. A

Timing belt check

I did replace all the injectors but I will try soapy water just to make sure. Currently I'm down to 2 things: Either timing or injection is wrong and needs to be set with vcds or something Or cracked head or gasket Also is this much play normal on the timing belt ? I saw that you can tighten...
  15. A

Timing belt check

My codes are: P0672- Cylinder 2 glow plug circuit/open P0302- Cylinder 2 misfire detected P0216- Injector/Injection timing control unit Will do a compression test as soon as I can get the tool. Does anyone know the size of the adapter or how do you call it?
  16. A

Timing belt check

I just uploaded a video of it
  17. A

Timing belt check

Hi there, I recently bought a 03 ALH jetta. It smokes like crazy. I opened the intercooler and had lots of oil. Drained it. I also replaced the turbo (first time ever) which had lot of oil and shaftplay also bad fins. I replaced the injectors. I don't have vcds and also was not able to do a...
  18. A

Loooots of white smoke

I have the exact same problem with my ALH as seen in the youtube video I posted I changed the turbo and the injectors, I will change the fuel filter tomorrow and will do a compression test soon. Codes: P0672( cylinder 2 glow plug circuit/open), P0302 ( cylinder 2 misfire) and P0216 (...
  19. A

Understanding Injection Quantity (mg/str)

I scanned it with a regular scanner at it gave me P0672( cylinder 2 glow plug circuit/open), P0302 ( cylinder 2 misfire) and P0216 ( injector/injection timing control circuit ). I will rent a tool and do the compression test. I'm thinking either the injector is bad ( I will get 4 good used ones...