Search results

1. D

2013 Passat SEL TDI shudder when cold

Great timing of this email. Now the Check Engine light goes on during my drive home, about 45 min. It goes off in the morning on the way to work. I scheduled an appt and hope it continues the trend. I can't easily stop at the dealer because it's about 20 minutes in the other direction. I'm...
  2. D

2013 Passat SEL TDI shudder when cold

I have the same issue as well. When the check engine light came on, I setup an appt with the dealer, but it was a week later. The day before the appt, the light went out. When I showed up for the appt, the dealer said that since the light went out, they probably wouldn't be able to do...
  3. D

rim fitment question

A bit of an update. So far so good. We've had some snowfall, about 5", and some sleet/ice. These tires are SOOOOO MUCH BETTER than the ones the dealership put on. Very satisfied with the purchase. These tires also fixed a mysterious and inconsistent vibration that was happening with the other...
  4. D

rim fitment question

Guys, Thanks for the ideas, guys. Robert, thanks for pointing out the intended idea about smaller rim, but taller tire. I definitely wasn't thinking about it that way. I've never really tried or heard of anyone doing that. To be honest, I'm old and stuck in my own head about the tire/rim...
  5. D

rim fitment question

I thought about going smaller, but I like to stick with stock sizing, if possible. I don't want to mess with the speedo being inaccurate, since I drive about 80 miles round trip to work and back. I'm going to start looking for some 17's now though because the closest 18's I can find are in...
  6. D

rim fitment question

Thank you for mentioning the center bore. It is indeed larger. Passat is 57.1mm and the Audi is 66.5mm.
  7. D

rim fitment question

I'm new to the club here and I need to get some snow tires on my passat. Its a 2013 TDI SEL. The current tires are 234/45-18. I found a set of rims and tires that were on an 2013 Audi A6 Quattro. Tire size is 245/45/18. My question is about the rims. From what I looked up, the Passat has an...
  8. D

Improve Fuel Economy on 2013 A3

I just picked up a 2013 passat TDI SEL. My first tank calculated to just over 38MPG on almost all HWY miles. Considering where I live(SW Wisconsin with lots of bluffs) and the time of year, I think that it pretty decent. I typically drive 5mph over the posted speed limit, so not too crazy. My...
  9. D

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

I purchased a copy of the 4366 from this guy. It arrived last night and installed without issue. HOLY COW, what a difference in response! Happy customer here. I'm not sure I want to put the $ down for the updated maps since I can use my cell phone just as easy.