Search results

1. V

6 speed options for B5.5 4motion tdi conversions

Closest one I’m seeing is one for $200 from Dillon’s Auto Parts in Byron WI (2008 A4 Inventory no. X101) which is pretty good. Betchya they’ll throw in the rear diff for under $100, rarely do they pull them as they take up more space than what they’re worth. Definitely, definitely get a GVE for...
  2. V

3.0 TDI swap to D2 S8 questions

What’s the engine code of your donor 3.0TDI?
  3. V

Good eye on the 6th gear typo. I’ll update that here shortly. Yep! Surprisingly enough, our 0A2 for our Passat arrived recently and it wasn’t much more than an 01X here in the states. The exchange rate for sure has been in our favor the past year.
  4. V

I have a spare BKN harness I believe in my TDI parts stash. That’s a B7 3.0L TDI. If you want it, PM me (y) I’m pretty certain you can get that no probs. Bobby Singh has been able to modify ECMs like the BKN to accept newer Hella VGT modules like that found on the newer TDIs, so you could...
  5. V

^ just as Koehn stated, the B8 chassis was the first attempt to move the engine father back to create a more favorable weight distribution, and doing so put the front axle output flanges literally right in the way of the clutch and flywheel. There’s some folks in Europe who can convert the ECM...
  6. V

I’m slacking on doing anything related to the V6 TDI project. Unfortunately the good ‘ol 5HP19 has started to lose reverse in my daily 2005 Passat TDI Wagon, so instead of buying an 0A3 for the B5, it went to an 0A2 conversion for the Passat. Rats! Granted I don’t have any specific knowledge...
  7. V

You’re not joking in the weight difference; I didn’t realize the 5HP24 trans was so stinking heavy. I’m not sure of the exact flywheel weight of a stock V6 TDI DMF, but there’s an easy 100lb loss in doing the conversion. Keep us updated on the donor search and what you end up going with. I’ll...
  8. V

I think 45mpg highway is an obtainable number for a 3L with a decent exhaust and other supporting mods. First off, I didn’t realize a D2 S8 was so heavy! Curb weight for a D2 S8 is almost the same as my TDI donor, a 2016 A6; they’re both tipping in right around 4,100lbs. Yep! Same 10 bolt...
  9. V

An early B8 A5 V6 TDI wold be a solid transplant contender for a D2. The CAPA V6 from B8’s is pretty similar to an ASB 3.0 V6 TDI found in the B7, so the wiring portion would be pretty simple. After comparing motor mounts, I think it would be fairly easy to adapt B5 mounts to a D2 subframe. You...
  10. V

Do you know which code 01E it is by chance? And how many miles are on it? Get the code and the approximate mileage…if it’s anything over 130-140k on the transmission I’d say set some money aside for a few maintenance items such as rebuilding the linkage (JHM crossrod with spherical bearing, and...
  11. V

Pfft, lucky! we have to wait an additional 10 years before having the chance to buy that. The amount of A6 Avants with manual gearboxes and cloth sport seats over there is amazing…so so jealous!
  12. V

Definitely! Theres a few B5 A4’s in Poland that have done this conversion, and most seem to rock a B7 harness modified to accept the later 3L motors in their conversion. The 3.0 is a freaking awesome motor. A smidge more complex, but it should be a kickass car to drive in a car the size of a...
  13. V

Unfortunately the driveshaft from a B5 A4 will not swap to a B5/B5.5 Passat. A B5 A4/S4 uses a rear differential that is about 20’‘ or so longer than a 4motion rear differential, making the driveshaft much shorter in comparison. Also, a 2.8 V6 4motion Passat uses the same rear differential that...
  14. V

0A3’s fit and are the best option out there, but it’s a bank-draining conversion… presently a TDI 0A3 will be about $1400-1500 USD delivered. And just for the price of buying a W8 driveshaft and having it shortened to accept an 0A3 you could have a GVE 2.0T 02X, linkage, B5.5 4mo driveshaft and...
  15. V

If you wanted to go 01E from a C5 A6, you‘d need all the swap stuff along with a W8 manual driveshaft. The gearing on US 01E transmissions doesnt really suit a diesel, and the 6th gear cruising RPM’s are pretty high at anything over 65-70mph. 02X is possible yes. There are no provisions for...
  16. V

I’m not doing a 3L swap into a D2 rather in my 01.5 A4 Avant, but from working on D2’s I’ll shed help. First off, what generation V6 are you thinking of swapping? Engine mounting-- The 2.5L and 3L V6 diesels have different mount patterns on the block thus the brackets cannot do not fit on a...
  17. V

Viable A4 Quattro tdi swap options

A lot of the B7’s I’ve seen over the years did get thrashed on it seems, but nothing like the earlier B8 A4’s that consumed oil like a 2 stroke. Those were beat on and passed around after they were ran into the ground. Are you looking for a newer car as a swap platform ie B8, or a longitudinal...
  18. V

B7 Audi A4 BHW swap

Man you’ve made some awesome progress! here’s my two cents re: SMF and Quattro/02X combo- you will have vibrations down low below 2K RPMs. My B6 has the TTV/B7 RS4 combo and while it’s tolerable with a gas motor, don’t think I could do it with my CR170 swap and the lower shift points and...
  19. V

B7 Audi A4 BHW swap

I’d say find your ideal LHD harness so there’s less harness modifications you need to do. 8E1 refers to LHD, 8E2 is RHD. If you need help finding a harness PM me, I’ve got a good friend locally who has been finding all my Exeo CAHA stuff for my A4.