Search results

1. P

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

I did it have it changed at 40k and am going to change it again at 80k.
  2. P

I brought my 328d Xdrive in last week for the recall. My dealer replaced an "aluminum flex disc". They had the car for 24 hours because he told me the repair parts were VIN specific. Not a problem since I had a new 330i loaner. I do not know if the fluid in the transfer case was changed....did...
  3. P

I remember, I had the dealer change the transfer case fluid and the transmission rebuilder change the trans fluid because my dealer was so reluctant to do it. I had the TC done first and then emailed ZF for their advice on fluid changes. I don't know what the P/N was of the trans fluid other...
  4. P

I emailed ZF to ask what they recommend on my 2014 328d Xdrive (my dealer was very hesitant to do it "life time fill"). ZF answered 40-60k miles. I had a GOOD independent rebuilder perform the trans and transfer case fluid change at about 50k. I now have 64k without any problems.
  5. P

BMW 328d (F30): Current options for engine tuning?

I have a 2014 328d X Drive purchased as a CPO in 2016. It now has 64k and has been excellent. It's stock and gets 46 highway mpg and is GREAT in snow. The EGR cooler was replaced on a recall and just this week I received a letter that the warranty on the cooler was extended to 10 years. Other...
  6. P

DSG Service Interval Question - Dieselgate Refugee Sitting Idle for Several Years

I got a quote for $279.00 for my 2015 Golf TDI (67,000k) from a QUALITY independent rebuilder who I used a couple years ago on my BMW 328d. This guy has a rep for building racing auto transmissions. I would think you should be able to find someone. I would not go to AAMCO or anyone like that...
  7. P

2016 BMW X3 x28d

MY BMW Diesel I bought my 328d X-Drive as a CPO in 2016 w/37k on it to replace a 2003 328xi (E46) w/120k. This diesel now has 63k & gets 45mpg highway. I had the transfer case and trans fluid changed at 40k according to ZF's (the manufacturer) recommendation. I do not believe in BMW'S" life...
  8. P

I believe the popularity of leasing is the main reason there are so few diesels on the road. Especially BMWs. Why pay a couple of thousand dollars extra for a diesel car that is going to be returned in 2-3 years? With the extra cost of fuel and the higher cost of the engine it's almost...
  9. P

I can see in your case the optional warranty was worth it. It's always a crap shoot when purchasing any extended warranty.....sometimes it pays off/sometimes it doesn't. It all depends on "risk tolerance". My dealer had rotors etc installed before I bought it. Anyway, I'm happy your as...
  10. P

I have a 2015 Golf TDI which I bought new after they became available and I have a 2014 BMW 328d X Drive bought as a CPO 2 years ago with 38K miles. Both are great cars but the BMW is far superior in comfort....especially on long drives. On the highway I get 51 mpg with the VW & 46 MPG with the...
  11. P

trailer hitch install -2015 Golf Hatchback?

I inquired at a hitch installing garage & they refused to install one because of the trailer weight limit on my 2015 Golf TGI S (liability concerns). I own a pontoon boat and need a hitch to move the boat 3 blocks. The hitch company told me that the potential tongue weight could lift the front...
  12. P

Unidentified Dispaly Icon

On my 2015 Golf S TDI DSG, occasionally (1-2 times per week) I get a white icon which even my dealer cannot identify. I see nothing in my owners manual that looks like this. It's a 1 next to what looks like an oil pan and an arrow off the top pointing right. I'd send the picture but I don't know...
  13. P

Need Good VW Service (CNJ/NNJ/NYC)

I did not require a loaner because I left my car there while I went away on vacation. Initially they told me it would take 2 days. The car was finished when I returned from my trip.
  14. P

Need Good VW Service (CNJ/NNJ/NYC)

NNJ VW Service I bought my 2015 Golf TDI & have it serviced at Crestmont in Pomptain Plains, N.J. I have been very happy with them and believe their pricing has been not cheap but fair. If you're going in for routine service, they will quote you a price over the phone. I started using them...
  15. P

WTB Golf Wheels

Looking for (4) 16" wheels to mount snow tires on my Mk7 Golf. Steel would be OK.
  16. P

How often are people adding DEF

My dealer fills it at the 10,000 mile service intervals. Have never had a low level warning before or after the emissions update.
  17. P

Phase 2 Fix Question

I had my Phase 2 upgrade performed in May after owning the car far a year. It may have been my imagination, but I felt the car was "quicker" as soon as I left the dealership. I have seen no change in mileage, and DEF refills are still at 10,000 mile service intervals. IMO, there is no reason...
  18. P

What does your Odometer read?

Purchased as 2015 TDI new in May, 2017 after my 2011 was bought back. Now have 40,300 miles. Still avg. 45 mpg after Phase 2 which happened May 2018. I've loved my TDI's (3) over the years.
  19. P

TDI Phase 2

Yes, the oil was changed but I was charged for the 30K service. I think the performance improved, especially in "Drive". I've noticed no difference in sound. So far, my "gut" feels the car is more responsive which I felt leaving the dealership after getting the "fix".
  20. P

TDI Phase 2

Got the Phase 2 on my 2015 Golf TDI with 30k on it last week. My fuel mileage improved from 44 to 45.9 mpg. I think they changed the CAT which may be the improved mileage....we'll see if it holds up.