Search results

1. F

WTB MK4 Jetta drivers side headlight assembly

Steve, Good to hear from you and thanks for the offer. I was able to repair the damage and keep the old girl from going blind and pass state inspection which is due soon:)
  2. F

turbo whistle vnt17

My BEW has a VNT 17 and it whistles all the time. Stock exhaust, no apparent loss in power. I suspect a leak somewhere but have been too lazy to investigate
  3. F

Good news; I was able to solder and shrink wrap the chewed wires and all is working again.
  4. F

Mice destroyed the wiring iand while I will try to repair it, I may need a replacement.
  5. F

How does this sound for a 2014 JSW

Thanks for the comps. I have not considered buying another TDI but I saw the ad and thought I would check it out.
  6. F

How does this sound for a 2014 JSW

I have been an ALH and BEW owner for 16 years and am knowledgeable about them but am completely at sea with the newer cars. Saw this ad: 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M) Mileage: 66,056 Very clean $12k USD. Have not seen it in person but looks great in...
  7. F

F.S.- MK 4 Wagon Cargo cover in Vermont - $35

Rear cargo cover from 2004 MK 4 VW Jetta wagon. Works, has some stains Must pick up Can't post pics
  8. vw cover2.jpg

vw cover2.jpg

9. vw cover1.jpg

vw cover1.jpg

10. vw parts

vw parts

11. BEW

BEW

12. F

Upgrading from ALH to BEW

I sold my last ALH and replaced it with an 04 Jetta BEW with 270k miles on it and other than routine maintenance it has been a stellar car.
  13. F

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Replaced the dead motor in the in tank fuel pump after the original finally died in my folks driveway @ 28x,xxx miles, not too shabby:)
  14. F

PD lift pump motor only replacement

I also had a hard time with the new hose, but because I could not get it to seat over the last barb on the nipple, I did use a clamp; I don't want to go back in again once more let alone twice:D
  15. F

I was trying to avoid cutting the hose to get the pump to separate but it must be done and then everything just slides apart.
  16. F

No start

Fixed So, after an afternoon of futzing with the darn pump trying to disassemble it without breaking anything, I able to remove the old motor and install the new one. Cycled the key a few times and it fired up. And unlike the old motor, the new one runs for a second or so every time the key is...
  17. F

Hey Andy, I got as far as having the top of the pump separated from the base with the supply hose loose from the top but it still won't come completely apart so I can access the motor. It will pull up a bit but it still feels attached to something in the canister. What else is holding the...
  18. F

No start

Could I use a DVM set to volts instead of a headlight?