Search results

1. C

FS: One owner 2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 2 DSG San Jose, CA

SOLD:2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 2 DSG 1 owner Low miles 105K San Jose, CA CAR IS SOLD. Thanks! Car needs nothing and is very reliable. We drive it to SoCal all the time without worry. All maintenance was done by me and I have all service records and paperwork since new- including the window sticker...
  2. C

Couldn't resist- New 2015 GSW SEL

Hi: I couldn't resist missing out on a new GSW TDI and took the plunge. I ended up going out of state to find the car I wanted. Got one of the last GSW SEL with lighting package in the state. Went with platinum gray which I think looks nice with the chrome accents. I guess I was late to the...
  3. C

Warning- CA residents with TDI tuning- You might fail your next SMOG check

Hi: A friendly warning to California residents with a TDI and aftermarket tuning. You might not pass your next SMOG check even though you passed several times before. How do I know? It just happened to me. My 2005 BHW Passat TDI with Rocketchip RC1 failed the most recent smog check. I was...
  4. C

Anyone have a way to contact Jeff at Rocketchip?

Hi: I have run into a problem with my 2005 BHW Passat with RC1 installed. Car recently failed smog due to EGR readiness. I have questions for Jeff, but no replies to calls/texts/voicemails/emails over a 4 day period. I know he has always been busy and hasn't been the best at returning calls...
  5. C

EGR Readiness fail & MAF Specified Constant Help please!

Posting here to help gain some visibility from the TDI experts... help please. :) http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=477153
  6. C

Help Please.. EGR Readiness FAIL And MAF Specified Constant

Hi All: I tried smogging our 2005 Passat TDI with BHW engine and was suprised when it didn't pass. It was due to a readiness fault with the EGR. Did a few extended drives and it still has issues. I logged with VCDS and the specified MAF value never changes from 850. I did some reasearch on here...
  7. C

2005 Passat TDI GLS Sedan w/Navigation (San Jose,CA)

My mother passed away and we have too many cars. Selling my beloved Passat TDI Sedan. Enthusiast owned and lovingly cared for. Tons of photos and MUCH MORE information posted on my blog site: http://www.ad9.com/passat Highlights: -All of the "known issues" like balance shaft, glow plugs turn...
  8. C

FS: One owner 2006.5 Jetta TDI Pkg 3 DSG San Jose, CA

**SOLD** FS: One owner 2006.5 Jetta TDI Pkg 3 DSG San Jose, CA ** CAR HAS BEEN SOLD ** Finally putting my baby up for sale. Recently purchased a Chevy Volt which is better for my new commute and utilizes my solar panels better. Car needs nothing and is very reliable. We drive it to SoCal all...
  9. C

MkV drive axle options with pricing

Hi: So the outer drivers side CV boot on my TDI has a big hole in it and it needs repair. The joints themselves seem fine, but I don't know how long the hole in the boot was there and how much dirt has entered into the joint. I know that it is cheaper to replace the joint itself, but I...
  10. C

TDI Power

Random TDI pic of the day... ATV hauler!
  11. C

2006 BRM Wouldn't start.. bad tandem pump

Hi All: Thought I'd let the TDI family know that the tandem pump on my 2006 BRM with 96K miles died. It warned us somewhat, but I thought it was a weak battery causing the issue and not the pump. More information for those who run across the thread... Car: 2006 Jetta TDI (BRM engine with 96K...
  12. C

Diesel Fuel Price Differental

Hi: A friend of mine posted the picture on facebook of gas today from Bullhead City, AZ. I posted it below: Since we both live in California, we were both blown away by the sub $3.00 price of fuel. Neither of us thought that we'd ever see that again in our lifetime. However, I was taken...
  13. C

FS: Front GTI Big Brake Kit w/ Akebono pads (w/ sensor)

Hi: I recently put the stock wheels on my TDI for better fuel economy and had to take off my big brake kit to do so. The parts are up for sale. These are the 312mm rotors with special caliper carriers made by ECS. Purchased from ECS Tuning on 7/2011 and the pads and rotors have about 10K...
  14. C

FS: Jetta Upper, Lower & Foglight Griile Set

Hi: Cleaning up garage and had these left over from our 2008 Wolfsburg that we did a GLI conversion on. Grilles have all tabs intact and no major problems. They do have the normal about of wear from being on the car for 2 years. The fog grilles has black trim tape on the chrome portion, but it...
  15. C

FS: Genuine VW TSI Oil Filters 3 Pack - 06J115403C $30 Shipped in ContUS

Hi: Cleaning out the garage and I'm selling three TSI Oil Filters that I bought from 1stvwparts.com (Genuine VW Dealer) for my 2008 Wolfie. Sold the car and these filters will not fit any of our diesel VWs... sold they need to find a new home. I know they aren't TDI specific, but if you know of...
  16. C

FS:Homelink Visor- Light Grey - Perfect- $125 1KO857551T

Hi: Sold the TSI Jetta and removed this prior to selling. Works perfect and has already been modded to work with your factory non-homelink connector. Just plug and go! About 1.5 years old. Works with all MkV cars including the B6 Passat. Part number 1KO 857 551 T $125 Shipped on ConUS. See lots...
  17. C

FS: Premium 7 VW Factory Radio w/ 6 CD Changer & MP3 -$100

Perfect condition. Used for less then 6 months. Been in storage since 2009. Includes radio code. $100 + shipping cost. Credit card over the phone (no fee) or paypal (3% fee). Selected pictures below. Lots of Hi-Rez multi-angle pictures on my gallery.
  18. C

Front Motor Mount Bad? (Video)

Hi All: I stopped by my dad's house today to help him diagnose a weird tugging wheel issue (we think it is a bad wheel bearing and half-shaft) on his 2005 B5.5 TDI. Anyway, I was astonished that the engine rocked so much when moving the gear selector between Park and Drive. I took a look at...
  19. C

New TDI In Family- Need BS Replacement

Hi: My dad just got a 2005 B5.5 Passat TDI Sedan. (Details posted here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=291152) We need to have the balance shaft converted to the gear driven unit. Can anyone recommend a person (or place) to do it? I know oldpoopie is coming down for the GTG, but...
  20. C

Another TDI in the family

Hi Everyone: Just wanted to post that we now have a THIRD TDI in the family! (Joining our 2006 Pkg 2 and 2006.5 Pkg 3 Jetta TDI Sedans) A friend of mine was going to trade in his 2005 B5.5 Passat TDI GLS with leather and wheel upgrade into the dealer for a new car and I was able to buy it...