Search results

1. M

PD dead lift pump bypass?

Umm it still runs and drives fine i have power at the pump just no buzz or evidence of the pump doin its job. Ive heard stories of people changin the fuel filter to discover a dead lift pump. im just hoping to change the fuel filter for now i just dont know if its possible to fill up with...
  2. M

PD dead lift pump bypass?

I have an 05 TDI jetta, i know the car could use a fuel filter and lines goin from filter to engine. Ive found i have the factory lift pump/sending unit but i beleive its dead, is there anyway i can prime the system after a filter change such as using a electric pump that i use for oil changes...
  3. M

glow plug id?

car was a one owner before my friend got it and then sold it to me a month later to help me out ive tried contacting previous owner about service records to no reply. where would i find ecu numbers, im a little new to TDIs but not new to wrenching/auto repair. I recently changed the glow plug...
  4. M

glow plug id?

oh boy not what i was hoping for as i need to order glow plugs n then replace them in one day and if they r the factory creamic plugs i may be down a creek without a paddle as car has 285,000
  5. M

glow plug id?

i tried searching without a clear answer-is there a way to indentfy what glow plugs are in my 05 tdi pd visually? If not how do i find out whenther they r creamic or steel or-------
  6. M

schaeffers 5w40 change?

i actually contacted schaeffers on this subject- Their tech states the moly is still there with the added penetro and the zinc content is the same range as before. They claim the oil has been made better than it was before and more improvements. Hopefully i can send some oil in next change for...
  7. M

door lock

whhhaaaaaattt theres 3?!?
  8. M

schaeffers 5w40 change?

its just interesting how it changed from cj4 to ck4 along with some ratings/approvals l. hopefully its still got the zinc and moly
  9. M

door lock

interior lights never functioned properly openin drivers front door sometimes it will other times it wont the red blip does flash when signaled to lock by remote until its unlocked.
  10. M

door lock

I seem to be having a weird issue with specifically drivers front door lock on my 05 TDI... press the remote lock button all doors except drivers door lock so i attempt to push the lock pop up down and itll only go 1/4 but still locks door....If i start driving all locks including drivers side...
  11. M

schaeffers 5w40 change?

I know not another oil thread!!! I have searched up n down this forum n read every thread and have found frank o6 reccomended schaeffers in tdis but the last thread of reccomending that is in 2013... I have an old schaeffers jug next to a new and noticed differences.My question has schaeffers...
  12. M

turbo upgrade/ replacement

car has 283,000 on it n i cannot get ahold of service records so i dont know how many miles are on turbo. The turbo housing itself has oil on it, the clip connectors on intercooler tube have signs of oil seepage. i can drive the car to work in morning work 8-10 hrs come out and start the car it...
  13. M

exactly wat i wanted to know, my plan is to replace turbo n block off egr n drive it as is for a month or few then look into a tune as money permits. few more questions- i thought kp38 was stock turbo for a 2005 pd bew? i shuldnt have to change intercooler ducting/hoses right? also had a code...
  14. M

hello, I recently bought a 2005 TDI BEW jetta, i love the car and its a blast to drive but recently after closer underneath inspection i have found the turbo charger seal is leaking oil... I have found a stock turbo is basically close/same price of a vnt17 turbo, my question is can i block off...
  15. C4BB595F-23A7-4C77-B46D-6067FAF7B75D.jpeg

C4BB595F-23A7-4C77-B46D-6067FAF7B75D.jpeg

16. oil

oil

17. C2BEE4C4-A2D6-4FF7-BB80-CAB616D86F12.jpeg

C2BEE4C4-A2D6-4FF7-BB80-CAB616D86F12.jpeg

18. 91680DF4-EADA-4B43-B96C-D7CC968EFE6B.jpeg

91680DF4-EADA-4B43-B96C-D7CC968EFE6B.jpeg