1. mk1chris

Boost creep problem with VNT-17/BEW

heard it a million times its done absolutly no harm to any of my cars
  2. mk1chris

few pictures of my mk1 pd130 swap

more of the mk1 on my instagram https://z-p42.www.instagram.com/mk1_chris/
  3. mk1chris

ive sold some believe it or not i planned on putting on the mk1 but i was offered decent money for them and needed money for other parts
  4. mk1chris

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

its about 3-4p a liter higher than unleaded
  5. mk1chris

ive had success with the mr muscle oven cleaner spraying in exhaust side and egr port on exhaust manifold , then using a large syringe on vac line to move the vanes
  6. mk1chris

2006 brm 5speed GQQ swap to mk4 5speed

if you down mk4 5 speed route youll probably need a flywheel and clutch too ive found the mk5 bellhousing to be smaller than mk4 ...the hard way i bought a clutch for my mk5 gqq and was sent a mk4 clutch which stuck out too far locking up the engine/box and my starter basically abliterated...
  7. mk1chris

ECU reprogram needed after EGR delete?

unless you create a leak in the system which causes a boost leak it shouldnt limp mode
  8. mk1chris

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

im currently paying £1.18/liter £5.31 imperial galllon (4.5l) in us thats about $1.50 liter / $5.67 us gal (3.785l)
  9. mk1chris

ECU reprogram needed after EGR delete?

you can do a delete mechanically or with software no matter what the ecu needs to be flashed to turn off the eml cant do it with vcds ,it wont limp mode if you had mpps or similar i could egr delete youre ecu flash for you (y)
  10. mk1chris

sounds like the vains are staying closed could be a vacuum leak or maybe n75 has a split in it which is allowing vac to pass through it
  11. mk1chris

Are PD150 injectors worth it

seen pd 130/150s make 250 crank hp but thats pretty much maxxed 1749a/bv43 will make about 170-180 crank reliably any more and you need a hybrid turbo and probably other supporting mods too
  12. mk1chris

Thoughts on tiny puff of white smoke(Resolved)

seen white smoke caused from one cylinder being down on compression before ,although you could hear it slightly in exhaust note at same time was one puff of smoke then cleared with other 3 cylinders firing
  13. mk1chris

Brakes Astra gte mk2 brake calipers on 239mm gti disks Mk1 focus 9" brake servo Mk2 golf 22mm master cylinder Wheels and Tyres Autostar minus 15x7.5 Toyosports Interior Interior is grey striped campaign seats with vw heritage parcel shelf new black perforated headliner replaced the original...
  14. mk1 golf pd130 swap

mk1 golf pd130 swap

mk1 pd130 engine bay
  15. my mk1 with pd130

my mk1 with pd130

mk1 pd130
  16. my mk1 at vw festival leeds

my mk1 at vw festival leeds

my pd130 converted mk1 golf
  17. mk1chris

Are PD150 injectors worth it

you want either arl 150 or asz 130 injectors 130s usually come up cheaper and flow exactly the same sets come up onfb marketplace all the time for about £50-60 the postage would be quite expensive though
  18. mk1chris

has anyone here remapped 1.9tdi BXE has your engine thrown a conrod yet?

my bjb 2006 altea dropped a rod at stage 1 power with 110k miles most common is between 2006-2008 for bxe/bls rod failure weve done a few mk4 to mk5 platform conversions because a few customers want to go above 200hp which i dont recomend on a bls or bxe best option is to get a bkc from...