Search results

1. Jard

GTI-TDI Build

My condolences. Reach out if you need someone to listen to you.
  2. Jard

Newby wanting to convert Toyota 4Runner

Dirt lifestyle, the youtuber, may give you some ideas.
  3. Jard

This is where the "you need to read/do research" comes in. Check the 4runner sites for alh swaps. 5 speed would make your life easier. I bet there are produced adapters too. https://www.doomsdaydiesel.net/product-page/vw-1-9-tdi-to-3vze-r150-adapter-kit Heres the first google search. You could...
  4. Jard

They are still not allowed, as far as I know. I have seen three yota's with diesel swaps, here in my hometown. 01 is an ALH. $1500 for a donor car, that seems like a good deal. What is the history of it, do you know? Maintenance done?
  5. Jard

That is crazy! I never knew, I have just been seeing a lot more diesel swaps in yotas, they are swaping in the 2L or KD. But damn, the power and efficiency differences are quite impressive. This makes me want to swap my ALH into my Nissan now.
  6. Jard

Have you looked at the Toyota diesels? L or KD. They may be easier to swap in, less modifications needed. I would say they ALH, they seem to be a better swap for power and efficiency in the heavier vehicles, without needing a lot of electrical work to run.
  7. Jard

WTB 02J shifter upgrade

A member came through and had one to off. Thank you!
  8. Jard

300 hp Alh

Interesting, you learn something new every day. 6k, I would love to hear that when it is all built and running.
  9. Jard

300 hp Alh

I am no expert, but your numbers sound off. 300whp, takes a lot of work. And with that power comes great torque, you are well north of 450tq I am guessing. If you are only wanting 270tq, a vnt17 can get you there fairly easy. But you are only going to have around 150whp or so. Either way...
  10. Jard

WTB 02J shifter upgrade

Does anyone have parts for swaping the early 02J shifter (02A) to the later 02J shifter? Shifter, shift selector tower, shifter box, shifter cables. My 99.5 shifter is still sloppy with new bushing, and I hate that feeling. I have not had time to run into my local junkyard to scrounge, and wont...
  11. Jard

Lift pump, Injection pump, and fuel lines oh my!

I replaced the fuel supply/return hose, dry rotted so badly the hose fell apart, when I tried to pull it off the IP. Reseated the IP pressure relief valve, it was about to fall apart, but fixed now. So I replaced the fuel tee, because the one way valve was leaking. No more pressure on the...
  12. Jard

No, the lift pump is new. I did not check the lift pump return port. Thank you for that idea.
  13. Jard

Sorry for the length of this post. Yesterday I installed a lift pump, in my 99.5 Jetta. It went super easy, not problems wiring or swapping the pump. I then went for a test drive, after idling and checking for leaks. All good. Wow, what a difference it made in acceleration, and top end. My car...
  14. Jard

Turbo question

X man turbos. He sounds like a positive guy, good reviews, and the few negative ones were taken care of for a change to positive review. I have read a few posts about people not recommending hybrid turbos, because they are a compromise between the two turbos. But, I am still curious about a few...
  15. Jard

GTI-TDI Build

Any updates? This build is art! I am getting the modding bug again......... *NO! Just say............ yes, go towards the mods!*
  16. Jard

Nozzle upgrade, IQ adjustment, and Tune

Thank you Rrussse11! I will be looking at your sig for more of a benchmark now. I could not agree more about wanting to drive/ride in a modified car for a comparison. I also agree about suspension mods too. I love the cornering g's! My favorite car for that was an 87.5 mk1 Toyota Mr2, I have...
  17. Jard

Thank you. I am planing for the future when I do repairs. And looking at Rrussse11 signature, that looks awesome! I would love to drive it to get a feel. I was looking at the PP520 and tune for the time, then gather the rest of my parts and retune. Right now this is my commuter car, so I am...
  18. Jard

I was thinking about doing the harness upgrade, but there are a few posts that talk about how intensive of an undergoing it is. https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/99-5-ecu-engine-wiring-harness-swap-to-2000.403921/...