Search results

1. M

Things to know before buying a TDI Sportwagen??

Hey everyone, I have the opportunity to buy a 2012 Jetta sportwagen DSG with 120000 miles for $5500. I’ve been reading and trying to figure out common issues and failure points but it’s a little difficult when there’s about 598 pages of posts LOL. I know dieselgate was something that affected...
  2. M

WTB Manual Swap kit for ALH (NC)

Frans seems to be inactive right now so bump I guess
  3. M

Automatic coolant flange to manual conversion?

Oh yeah I've heard of that, that makes sense now
  4. M

Wow ok, I thought they only came on when the glow plug light was on in the dashboard, like when you turn the key. I wonder why it just doesn't stay on to let you know they're on. Thank you for the knowledge.
  5. M

I might hook up the coolant and combustion chamber glow plugs up together on a manual switch and leave them on for a few minutes when I start driving and the engine is cold, is this a bad idea?
  6. M

Ok, I think I will just to get rid of the plastic flange, thank you!
  7. M

Hi everyone, my coolant flange that holds the coolant temperature sensor that goes into the drivers side of the engine is leaking. Here's a link to the original part that goes into it: https://www.idparts.com/coolant-flange-for-cylinder-head-auto-038121132c-c034897-p-1127.html I have seen that...
  8. M

WTB Manual Swap kit for ALH (NC)

I'm looking to buy the parts I need to do a manual swap on a 2000 Golf ALH. I prefer local and but I can drive pretty far or have it shipped through freight. Thanks.
  9. M

Buyer/seller feedback thread

I bought an n75 valve from Redscare on 4/27 Feedback: Positive Quick shipping and quick responses
  10. M

Questions about vacuum system

I'm near Charlotte, I changed the brake booster hose so I suppose its the vacuum pump and n75 valve then. The nipple on my vacuum pump does spin and wiggle around a lot so ill fix that first. Thanks for all the help
  11. M

WTB N-75 Valve

Hi, my N-75 Valve is broken and I'm trying to find one that works for less than 30$. It's for an ALH engine. Thank you.
  12. M

I think I figured it out, I switched my n75 out with the old egr valve (n18 maybe) and I could actually hear a whistle now and I felt boost. I'm going to order a new n75 since i think thats it. My vacuum lines read 15 hg, is that the right number?
  13. M

Yeah its been like this since I got it, I used my mityvac at the nipple coming out of the brake booster line and thats how I saw the vacuum pump is only giving 5 to 15 psi and its bouncing, I isolated it from the rest of the system except for the brake booster. I changed all the lines about a...
  14. M

Hi, I don't have any boost at all and I'm trying to figure out whats wrong (my car struggles going up hills and has no power, and I cant even hear the turbo whistle). I bought this car in August for 1000$ and I never really worried about having no power going up hills, but I tried to test my...
  15. M

Major Fuel Leak

Yeah, it was the nut on the injector lines that was leaking, I should have looked more closely the other day and I wouldn't have had to post, this information will help me out in the future though, thanks everybody!
  16. M

Major Fuel Leak

I haven't been able to look at it more yet, I should be able to tomorrow, would that mean I would have to buy a whole new injector?