Search results

1. J

SOLD 2014 Cruze Diesel in New Hampshire

We had a 2014 Cruze diesel too. I LOVED that car. We traded it when we got our Tiguan and I wish we would have just kept it and bought the tiguan. You don’t see many of these around. Compared to the VW diesels of that timeframe the cruze just had a much more “raw” diesel sound and feel to it...
  2. J

2011 Golf TDI White 4 dr AS IS, "Parts Only", Turbo exploded. HOW MUCH?

Pretty sure anything related to that was extended to 10yrs from date of manufacture, which would have ended in 2021 for this vehicle.
  3. J

2013 Passat Tdi SEL Cleveland, OHIO $5300 sold

This is a hell of a deal for what looks like a nice car. I’ve been showing it to some people at work but everyone is scared of a little road trip these days it seems.
  4. J

high pitched squeak when de accelerating

When I bought my car it would make a loud duck-quack sound when i would let off the throttle. Ended up being a bad turbo, it was replaced under warranty in 2020. Car is a 2014.
  5. J

More information on adding Rain/Light sensor to a B7 passat

Sorry I just saw this, I didn’t get any notification that you replied. What specifically would you like to see pics of? I don’t have any of the install currently but I could try to get pictures of what you’re interested in seeing.
  6. J

Anyone know what this sound could be?

I guess it’s possible. Either way the dealership is looking at it Saturday because I needed to get one of my free oil changes done anyway. So I’m curious to see what they say. The advisor that came and listened to it agreed that it definitely isn’t normal, so I’m hopeful they’ll try to hunt it down.
  7. J

I’m sure I could cycle it on and off with the vagcom. But the noise definitely isn’t coming from the tank. I’d imagine if something was wrong with the lift pump anyway it would have a pressure issue.
  8. J

It’s real loud. Like sounds like my engine is about to self destruct from a hellacious valve tap lol. A friend of mine and my cousin both have 2014 Passat TDIs and theirs dont make any kind of tap like this.
  9. J

Well somehow it didn’t fix the noise. It must be internal to the pump somehow involving that metering valve because it does go away when it’s unplugged. It was worth a shot, I guess I’ll take it in and see what they say. It is still under the b2b and emissions warranty so it shouldn’t be an...
  10. J

I pulled it the other day to get some good pics of it to help with matching up a new one and to see if I saw anything obvious. It was crystal clear in there, no metal flakes or debris of any kind. I’m sure since there are no codes, it is still functioning correctly, just a bit noisy for some...
  11. J

Yeah I’m sure it is under warranty because I’m still within my two year bumper to bumper as well. The thing is the dealer will replace the whole hpfp which sounds like a good deal but every time I’ve taken it to the dealer for work something has been screwed up when I got it back. And replacing...
  12. J

Well I found out what it is for anyone in the future with this symptom. It is the fuel metering valve on top of the HPFP. The problem is finding one because it usually isn’t sold by itself.
  13. J

Yeah I tried to use one of those. But the sound seems to be hard to pinpoint. I may pull the serp belt off this weekend to rule any of that out.
  14. J

I have a 2014 TDI Passat, 45k miles. I’ve noticed a clicking sound coming from under the hood, only from about 1200rpms up. It doesn’t make the noise at idle, and it doesn’t start until a few minutes after startup. There are no driveability issues, no check engine light, and no codes in vcds. It...
  15. J

More information on adding Rain/Light sensor to a B7 passat

So I tackled installing a RLS sensor on my 2014 Passat SEL TDI the other day. There was a good bit of information out there, but it was all for slightly different vehicles and hopefully I can help someone out by passing on info on the few problems I had. Installing the sensor was easy. I have...
  16. J

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

Just wanted to give a shout out to jayski. Hooked me up with firmware, maps, and the vim program for a really good price. I was clueless about all of this but he answered every question I had along the way and walked me through the updating process step by step. Anyone interested in updating...
  17. J

speed dependent volume

Speed dependent volume controls how much the volume level automatically increases as the vehicle speed increases.
  18. J

Need help installing RLS sensor

So apparently my car doesn’t have the RLS sensor installed. It’s a 2014 SEL TDI. I’m picking up a used sensor that according to ecs tuning is the correct part number for my car. Car already has the spot on the windshield and the auto dimming mirror with the large trim behind it. I have done a...
  19. J

Need help installing RLS sensor

So apparently my car doesn’t have the RLS sensor installed. It’s a 2014 SEL TDI. I’m picking up a used sensor that according to ecs tuning is the correct part number for my car. Car already has the spot on the windshield and the auto dimming mirror with the large trim behind it. I have done a...