Search results

1. L

Mk6 14 jetta weird engine noise. Help!

Thanks for the reply Cmore! I'll try and check that tomorrow if i can find a tool
  2. L

Bought a cheap stethoscope and poked around. Turbo, alternator, High Pressure Fuel pump, and a few spots on the block sounded okay. Listening to the injectors I did notice something. Injector #1 (closest to the belt) sounded pretty noisey. Injector #4 was way quieter. Injectors #2 and #3 were...
  3. L

Hi. I've got a 14 Jetta 6mt with 55k miles. I'm 3 hours from home on vacation and suddenly got a grind/whine from the engine. Cars been fine. Stopped at a restaurant & shut the car off; came out and as soon as I restarted the car the noise began. Oil level is good. Power still seems fine. no...
  4. L

How bad is the smell after DPF delete?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a look
  5. L

Not anymore. There was a noise that developed after a week or so that I was able to pinpoint to a crack in the EGR tube that runs from the exhaust manifold to the intake. Noise disappeared after I pulled that EGR pipe and moves the block-off plate to where the pipe bolted to the exhaust...
  6. L

I'm curious if anyone else has a strong "school bus" diesel smell even when cruising at highway/interstate speeds with the windows down? I did a buzzken delete and expected a smell out of the tailpipe and in the car when stopped or idling with windows down. But I still get the diesel and NOx...
  7. L

700 Mile club Who's in?

I've been having great luck with my new (to me) 14 Jetta 6mt. Aside from the 1st tank which was ~44mpg and unknown miles, I've been hitting the 700 mile club almost every tank with a standard fill up (no topping off). Best tank so far was 904.xx miles on 14.5x gallons, for just a tad over...
  8. L

//// Best RPM to drive at for MPG for ALH /////

I'm still figuring out best practices for fuel consumption on the diesel (all gasers prior to getting a 14 Jetta in July). Best so far was 62.xx MPG after 904 miles on 14.49 gallons. Usually tank average is probably low 50mpg (For comparison I had a 12 Sonic 1.4T manual that I had a best of...