Search results

1. lizwagen

The future of TapaTalk on TDIClub

I like being able to use Tapatalk as I can get notifications about topics and forums I subscribe to. I don’t use TDIclub on my laptop much – mostly just from my phone. Having said that, I don’t think tapatalk is very user-friendly, so if there’s a better platform, that would be good.
  2. lizwagen

I bought a TDI. 5 minutes later and it would not start. Now it won't even crank.

Check the intercooler for the turbo. Problems are common. They get moisture buildup and lock up your car. When I had trouble with mine, it acted exactly like the battery was dead. No crank. Dealership should replace it for free under TDI warranty if that’s the problem.
  3. lizwagen

advice on golf wagon

The TDI golf wagon only exists in the 2015 model year. Wagons previous were labeled Jettas, so finding a golf wagon would be a good find. A somewhat “rare” car that would hold its value well. I have a Jetta (2011) with a panoramic sunroof. Personally, I have loved the sunroof BUT I haven’t had...
  4. lizwagen

The axle nut saga

iamatt thankfully no thumb smashing, just old nail polish.
  5. lizwagen

The axle nut saga

Went to replace front passenger hub assembly on my 11 Jetta wagon. Thought it would take about an hour. Well, 2 hours later, me and my buddy had broken 2 breaker bars, 1/2” impact did nothing, I took it over to my buddies at firestone to have them break it loose and they couldn’t get it to...
  6. lizwagen

Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

Covered under TDI warranty I had this issue with my 2011 Jetta a lot. (The worst one, it was 18ºF and it was completely locked up and I had to stand freezing, waiting for the tow truck.) Once VW determined the intercooler problem, they covered the repair even though I was at 78k. If they fight...