Search results

1. K

2003 jetta tdi TOB noise?

hi, I recently bought a 2003 jetta tdi with 215,000 miles on it. It had swapped from an auto to manual roughly 20k miles before i bough it. car runs and drives very well super impressed. But i noticed that when i depress the clutch it makes almost a rattling sound and you can feel it pulse a...
  2. K

Iso new or alh tdi

Looking for a decent condition tdi with the alh or bew engine code, has to be a manual transmission. I have around 3k to spend but I'll pay more for the right deal. I'm located in central new york, any help is appreciated.
  3. K

Jetta tdi 360,000 miles

i have this 2003 jetta tdi with the alh motor, has 360,000 miles on it and the body is cleaner then most cars I've seen with 200,000 and then engine and trans work without a hiccup. I guess my question would be, how long have your alhs gone? And how far should I expect to go with this one one...
  4. K

2005 b5 tdi burning coolant

This car has been loosing coolant since I got it, but very slowly. I thought it might have been the egr cooler but I deleted it recently and you can still smell burning coolant coming out of the exhaust. I haven't heard of these engines having headgasket issues especially at 135k like mine. Do...
  5. K

2005 passat tdi bhw

2005 passat tdi 2.0 134,000 miles on it, just redid the brakes in the rear and I have calipers for the front in the trunk. no issues with the car and it's practically rust free other then the passenger side front fender. I had the balance shaft delete done on this car this past fall and I...
  6. K

2005 Passat tdi

no issues, currently in the shop getting the balance shaft delete done. had the 2.0 BHW engine. 130,000 miles and many more left to be put on it. I love the thing but I'd really like to have a manual alh jetta or golf. the Passat has had the transmission fluid changed every 60,000 miles and the...
  7. K

2000 Jetta won't start due to air in the lines

I have a 2000 Jetta TDI ALH 5 speed, I've been having this issue since I bought it. I keep seeing air seep back to the clear line from the injection pump. I've replaced all the seals in the pump put a new fuel filter in it I've bleed the system and the injectors at least 10 times. I'm stumped on...
  8. K

Unable to tell if my 2005 VW Passat tdi has had the bsm fix yet

I'm new to the forum and I just bought this 2005 Passat tdi with 130,000 miles on it. I have no issues with it but I'm concerned on whether or not the bsm is still the faulty chain driven or if it was swapped to gear driven. The previous owner had no idea what i was talking about when I asked. I...