Search results

1. T

Passat or CC aluminum steering knuckles and LCA to save weight

I have 17" RPF-1's for summer and the OEM 17" wheels that came with the car for winter. I have to use 2mm spacers in the front to clear the RPF-1's, and 5mm spacers for the OEM wheels. I don't have any fender clearance issues since the wheels i use aren't that wide. I'd love to go up to the...
  2. T

The front wheel bearings are pretty much all the same in the VWAG cars. They would work, however, you need to get a new axle bolt, along with the 4 bearing-to-knuckle bolts. You can't reuse them. Total for the front end swap are 2 x wheel bearing to axle bolts, and 8 x bearing to knucle bolts...
  3. T

Aye, besides the obligatory nuts for Al parts, no. BUT as one is already taking all the suspension/steering bits apart for this conversion, and you NEED an alignment done afterwards, installing new parts just makes sense as everything is taken apart and within reach ($ allowing of course)...
  4. T

"Yes". The tie rod situation is a bit of a mess, as depending on where you look, these fit pretty much all VW's from 2005.5 to 2021. Now, on parts.vw.com the 'correct' tie rods that fit on passats and tiguans (i.e. Al knuckles) is 1K0423811K/821K. The J parts don't list the Tiguan nor do they...
  5. T

Wut? I can GUARANTEE that the 986/boxster non-s calipers fit on Aluminium knuckles... I have them on right now. You need to get apikol adapters though, with the appropriate mounting bolts and banjo bolts (banjos/caliper bolts are an available option if you order apikol brackets)...
  6. T

Save yourself some hassle... these are 60$ each on rockauto (SKP SK520470 and SK520469), and they come with the bushing and ball joint already installed (triple check the description as some are incorrectly listed as w/ and w/o balljoints): (note: you will need to get 2 x wide-brimmed hat nuts...
  7. T

Also, when ordering parts like ball joints, ensure that they have the nuts for the aluminium parts. The wide brimmed hat looking one installed on the below ball joint is the correct one for this application, the smaller nut is for steel knucles! Rockauto have some balljoints with both nuts, so...
  8. T

Here are a few parts for the conversion (some of these are the same parts as Iron/Steel, but since you're changing most of the parts, might as well get new ones): Front list 3C0407253F Left Aluminium Knuckle Passat 2008 3C0407365B Left ball joint Passat 2008 3 x...
  9. T

I've done the conversion on both the front and rear. Gas mileage difference? Nil, or quasi nil. Lighter/quicker driving/steering: yes, but it's NOT earth shattering. I also have the Boxster 986 front calipers on mine along with 2-piece rotors as well, so I save another 3-6lbs per front...
  10. T

What year seats go with what year MK5?

I installed mk6 GTI heated seats w/elec lumbar in my 2008 rabbit (no heat, manual everything), no issues, everything works. You just have to wire everything in, and get plug receptacles if your car didnt have anything electric. Having anything already electric on your car makes it ALOT easier...
  11. T

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

Nice! I would update the code thing though, a stealership in Ottawa wanted me to book a half hour appointment because they apparently need both the car and radio to 'code' it.. *** kinda bs is this? The NAR 684C units also have the LED screen vs the CCFL one ;) I just got on the RNS...
  12. T

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Hello all, I stumbled on this site searching from hard to get info, and yeah, the internet is huge!