Search results

1. I

Traction Control(ASR) Need a Ginnie pig

Quick question if anyone knows....does the asr enabled unit have a different mounting bracket? Most units on ebay don't have brackets..but a few do. From what I can find it's the same, but there was one post that said "make sure to get the bracket".. Part numbers- Old non asr - 1J0 614 117...
  2. I

Ya that's what i meant. Ebay special for sure. Yes mk60.
  3. I

Old thread? Check. Headache from reading hundreds of pages of posts?? Check. About to order a new abs/edl/asr unit for my lifted '04 jetta wagon??? Damn right!!
  4. I

Bi-Xenon Jetta Mk4 Build

Cool, good info. I have actually ordered the ddm tuning stuff. The v3 projectors fall somewhere in between the mini d2s and the micro d2s by morimoto. Good reviews, good enough! Ddm also makes a mini 2" projector that should suit the fog housing nicely. Both take the h1 hid kits, simple...
  5. I

Bi-Xenon Jetta Mk4 Build

Or maybe I should just do the main beams and just toss some decent leds into the stock fog projector housings! Might not be worth the effort, though dual highs/lows sounds nice...lots of dark rural roads here...
  6. I

Bi-Xenon Jetta Mk4 Build

Very nice. I'm just getting into this myself. Going with the matchbox projectors for the fogs, mini d2s projectors for the main. Just sorting out relays. Either 2 sets of the motocontrols, or just make my own... How's the back of the fogs work out? Did you install some rubber caps or...
  7. I

Steering rack motor replacement??

Ya just going with the whole assembly. Not worth mucking around! Thanks for the replies.
  8. I

New Key FOB won't open trunk

Old thread...I know! Just having same problem. Ebay FOB, programmed-works great, except no trunk function. Remote lights up, car lights don't.
  9. I

Steering rack motor replacement??

Hey, new to the forum. Working on a recently acquired mkv jetta. Replaced a number of steering racks over the years, but am wondering if anyone has replaced just the motor/module unit. I currently have a dead gen 2 unit in there, and I usually replace with a newer gen 3/new harness and disable...