Search results

1. S

Corolla now costs less per mile in fuel!

George, Get back over to TDR!!! For God sake someone might see you here! ---Doug
  2. S

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Paid $1.73/gal D2 last night in Elizabeth, CO!!! Same price as prem UL.
  3. S

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Whewwho!! I bought my first tank under $3/gallon!! $2.96 In elizabeth,co!!!! I can't remember when I spent this little... I also remember when bread was a Nickle! ---Doug
  4. S

More Crude oil to make ULSD than RUG?

Wow!!! Thanks! It does help! I think this explains, a little, to me why Diesel is costing more at the pump then RUG. ---Doug
  5. S

More Crude oil to make ULSD than RUG?

Was looking to figure out why Diesel is so much more $$$ than RUG at the pump and came across this quote. "Making a gallon of diesel fuel requires 25% more oil and emits 17% more heat-trapping greenhouse gases than gasoline reformulated with MTBE. Similarly, diesel requires 17% more oil and...
  6. S

Service Reminder @ 25K?

Wow thanks! That was quick. That is good news. I wasn't looking forward to replacing the muffler bearings or something like that... ---Doug
  7. S

Service Reminder @ 25K?

I got a service reminder that looks to be around 25K. I did the the 20K service myself. I reset the reminder with the Trip+Minute button thing. What is this reminder for? It just came up with 800 miles to a service I am at 24200 miles. Any Help is appreciated ---Doug
  8. S

TDI using the HOV lane

Actually I did just see something that if you took the pollution that was created in the production process of the Hybrid power source and added it to the emissions of the final car, it is significantly more than an average gasoline powered vehicle. From Berkely "The greatest environmental...
  9. S

Hit by a Drunk Driver

North Sea Green, But I have seen your car, nice!
  10. S

Hit by a Drunk Driver

The Drunk Driver didn't even slow down!!! Luckily a good samaritan chased him down while talking to the police and they got him for being both drunk and stupid, Hit-n-run and Under the influence. So I don't even know what he looks like! The police said that when he got out of the car his...
  11. S

Hit by a Drunk Driver

So Thank God My wife is fine. She was not injured, that we can tell so far. What my question is there was not side curtain airbag deployment. She was hit while she was going about 30-35 MPH on the driver side from about the back 1/3 of the rear door and the rear quarter was basically...
  12. S

diesel prices

3.10 in Denver about .30 over reg unleaded. (85 Octane)
  13. S

So my 20k service didn't go as planned...

I did the 20K this weekend. First time to work on the A5, bought it at 17K. Wasn't as smooth as I had hoped. I ordered all the stuff from Impex. They shipped the wrong oil on the first order, they made it right, seems like a good place to order stuff from. Anyway, there is no place to put a...
  14. S

Working on my first 700 mile 50+ mpg tank.

My Fill up on Wednesday was 3.099 a gallon outside of Denver. Can't remember paying only 2.619!!! ---Doug
  15. S

Spice, It is going to be close... Don't run out... The Mileage Correction you did makes your MFD more accurate? Mine said ~ 54 and pen and paper was 680/14.1 ~ 48
  16. S

700+ is pretty tough, our Jetta would regulary be right around 700 if we pushed it to empty. Yesterdays fill up was at 680 and I put 14.1 gallons in. so I could have made it. The distance to empty on the MFD said 25 Miles. The car is driven like it has a raw egg on the accelerator and a soft...
  17. S

How do I remove the fuel filter for 2006 Jetta?

Once the new filter is in the canister you do not need to refill the canister with D2? Do you just bump the starter to have the canister fill or some other procedure like that? That is the procedure for a Cummins, bump the starter without letting the engine start about 3 times and it is full...
  18. S

My family pet broke my windshield

Exactly! I have trouble getting the sheep into the truck to take them to my dog so that he can round them up! It is just a little easier to drive the dog to them, but I am quite lazy. But "Bodrie" the border collie might finally run out of energy if I ran him along side.
  19. S

Picked up my 06 Jetta TDI last nite!

Thanks for the link...Interesting reading. I am sure they are much better now. I guess my perspective is coming from attaching the trans to a very high output motor like the cummins. Where in that application the trans is usually the weak link. In an application like the TDI, I would bet...
  20. S

Picked up my 06 Jetta TDI last nite!

Years ago I had to put in a new auto trans into a truck that only had 190k miles on it. I swore that I would never have one after that. My '01 Dodge has the original clutch at 170k. I have changed the fluid every 50k in the trans, autos just seem to need more attention.