Search results

1. erykkuld

Boot hatch "luggage compartment" light is on eventhough the hatch is closed

As title states, annyoing beeping while driving all the time, i have taken the rear panel off in hopes of unplugging everything behind there so it stops coming up with the luggage comp light on the dash, to no avail, there are 4 correctors there, which one is for the sensor? is it the one...
  2. erykkuld

Electrical issue pd115

All electrical power goes away for either a millisecond, or if car is not on, it can be without power for a few minutes, until it kind of fixes itself. Well easiest way to explain this problem is with the scenarious that have happened. First time it happend, didn't really notice it at first...
  3. erykkuld

Oil leak, transfer case is wet

So ive had this oil leak my whole ownership of the car, unsure where it's from, or what it is. Transfer case is basically wet all the time. I will try to get some pictures when i do my haldex oil change. (Mind you, it is not leaking down by the haldex, but right next to the transmission and...
  4. erykkuld

Heated seats Recaro cloth/VW sport seats

So I managed to get my hands on a pair of GTI Recaro cloths, after having spent the whole day cleaning them and the car and gone for a drive the heating in the drivers side seat doesn't work, which kind of makes me believe there might be something wrong with the wiring and not the seats? Since...
  5. erykkuld

Recaro seats

So i've come across the chance to score some recaro seats, from a GTI being sold for parts, and wondered if there is a way of spotting fakes? If at all fakes are a thing for these seats. Any help would be nice, going to look at them in 14 hours time. Here are pics of the seats, that i've...
  6. erykkuld

Diesel pouring out of the fill cap after fueling

So i had filled my car a few hours ago. I just did it like any other day, holding the gas nozzle down all the way until it stops on it's own, this time, after the pump had stopped i pulled the nozzle/gun out, hearing the regular gurgle then suddenly diesel is coming back up, pouring out...
  7. erykkuld

Pd150 head bolts or arp head studs on ajm

So following my ajm wants more power thread. Realized I ****ed up when I did my head replacement, thought I bought pd150 headbolts for it a year ago because i knew i was going for more power, but after i compared part numbers, I had bought pd130 head bolts. Now question is, I have the bigger...
  8. erykkuld

WELL. I just love VW. 12 point nut VS hexagon axle bolt

Continuation of my last thread, found out it was time to replace the cv join gearbox side on my mk4 4m AJM. now since I already have the cv joint ready to go (its a skf one) im basically ready to do that job, waiting for the mount to arrive (seperate issue), but now I have been looking through...
  9. erykkuld

Clunk when releasing clutch

Quite inconsistent, not very loud, i am quite afraid something might blow up tho. So i havent heard it yet from N to first gear, and neither from first to second, but from second to third, third to fourth and fourth to fifth it happens sometimes, it only happens if i release the clutch...
  10. erykkuld

Alignment needed if i replace rear shock absorbers and springs?

Car didn't pass mot here in Norway, ive bought springs Sachs, and monroe shocks (same setup on the front) but im still afraid of what happend last time i was fiddling with the front suspension, that my alignment will be way off. Why i don't want to do an alignment is because i have done a...
  11. erykkuld

PD115 AJM wish for more power

Alright, gonna start off by saying been a while, haven't had the need to post in a while after i did the dumbest mistake of my life (undoing the cylinder head bolts instead of the cam cap bolts) Car got a new head from frank in the netherlands, and car is working like a gem. (new head, gaskets...
  12. erykkuld

Grinding noise, mk4 golf 1.9 4motion

Head swap went well, but new problems always arise. Here is the video of it: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4oMFegPLjc?feature=share I just hope all of these problems i am having help someone in the future. Seems like something to do with wheels/suspension, simply by the fact that the noise...
  13. erykkuld

I undid the head bolts instead of the camshaft bearing cap bolts

I feel like i should share this, as in my previous thread about my tandem pump snapping i finally got all the parts, new TB kit, camshaft, tandem pump, lifters, bearings, new tty bolts for the cam caps, but i did the job yesturday, got the timing belt off locked with the tools, but now i kinda...
  14. erykkuld

Injector/tandem pump blew up please help

Tandem pump on my vw golf mk4 115pd blew up this morning, what should i do next? Here is a picture of the pump: Was going to drive to work today early, started the car, 2 mins of idle and then i hear a moderate loud thud, followed by a few more thuds a bit less noisy then the first time, then...
  15. erykkuld

Hissing sound from under the engine while idle

Car is a vw golf mk4 pd115 4motion So i have recently noticed a faint hissing/whistle sound after remap(i don't know if it happend right after the remap or a bit after, remapped the car about 3 weeks ago) Cant really pinpoint where it is coming from, but what i can say is that it is the...
  16. erykkuld

mk4 ajm 1j1 golf cooler leak

Hey fine people, have a slight problem of figuring something out here, my cooler leaked or had a sweat, so i changed both seals, and it's still leaking by the looks of it, here is a video: How to solve problem?
  17. erykkuld

Going to change motor oil/filter, gearbox oil and haldex oil/filter

So car wants it's service in 1300km, so i am prepping to get everything i need. I have been doing some research and to be completely honest i am getting nowwhere, so hoping that someone here can give me a clear and hopefull answear. I have a Golf mk4 115hp 4motion AJM/AUY engine code...
  18. erykkuld

Vw tdi airbag light (no mot because of this in Norway)

Vw touran airbag light on. Plugged car in with vcds and it spit out fault code 01218 and 01228 01218 is supposedly a easy fix with some connector might getting loose, and 01228 is the cut off switch for the passanger airbag, what can be wrong with a switch? I mean either it's on (shorted) or off...
  19. erykkuld

Chip tuning my vw golf mk4 1.9l tdi 4motion

Hey fine people! Hope everyones weekend is going well with no oil leaks. Anyway after having my car for nearly 6 months in working order except a snapped glow plug, which isn't leaking compression 🥴 I would like to give my car a little boost of some sort, and i keep ending up with getting a...
  20. erykkuld

Glowplug rounded

Glowplug in my tdi 1.9l is spinning in the engine block, what can i do now?