Search results

1. J

Park pawl engaged while driving

'02 Jetta, rebuilt 01m (<2k), 215k total... I haven't driven much since the rebuild, but had the TDI out Saturday. I was driving through town, traveling roughly 22mph in drive, straight, level, dry, sunny, and ~65°F, when the front wheels locked. I skidded to a stop, collected myself, stepped...
  2. J

CNN movie feature on Euro vs US diesels (from 2001)

I've started getting E-Mails again for the old CNN movie clip I filched in 2k1. Since Yahoo no longer allows me to serve it from my (useless) briefcase, I'm posting it here for all and sundry. The link to the CNN movie clip is here. Sorry about the bandwidth, Rich... As always, kiddies, get...
  3. J

Go-pedal help

I've acquired an acceleration problem over the last few days, don't have garage space at the moment (I work in the cold, but don't really want to do a blind exploration in it unless I have to), and don't have access to my RB. The problem feels like the go pedal on a gasser, where the accelerator...
  4. J

Crapzel!

Okay, I found a use for this message... Time constraints kept me from filling up with Premier at my friendly Amoco station, the other day. I poured in 14gals of Williams' sludge and doped it with 16oz of Kleen....Holy Crap! The TDI is certainly less powerful, more smoky on cold start (a blue...
  5. J

vwparts.com trunk organizer?

What does Impex' VW Trunk Organizer (part #ZVW804002) look like and how durable is it?
  6. J

Which RB, CD, Book, or both?

Ok, I know this was sorta covered a couple years ago, but I'd like to see a new verdict. The RB book is out for the 2k2's, so I will buy one. The CD isn't close to press, but should I buy it as well, when it becomes available?
  7. J

2k2 Jetta -- Dealer experience & Initial impressions

I'm starting this thread to publicly eat crow! I was so sure my dealer was blowing smoke, when he gave me a 6 week timetable, that I had been gearing up to thoroughly abuse him. I'm happy to report he deserves just the opposite! from: "My car is in production 2k2 Golf GLS TDI!!"...