Search results

1. A

Overheating no fans

I apologize for this really late response, which I thought the response was sent but it didn't post. So here was my issue, and hopefully it helps someone else. The issue was due to a failed head gasket, which was pushing the hot coolant back into the overflow, during long hill climbing or...
  2. A

Brake pedal pulsation, not warped rotors.

Gents, So I checked out the car this a.m. and after inspection I did notice worn LCA bushings in the rear, which I ordered the kit. While road testing the wifes car again, I noticed the following; When braking for a stop I have normal pedal no issues, when at 5 mph or less the pedal will get...
  3. A

Thanks, I will inspect for the items you listed. In your repairs have you ever had the LCA bushings #3 trigger the abs or make the pedal pulsate?
  4. A

Installed new wheel bearings 8 moths ago; Will check the connections for rust & harness conditions as well. what should be the proper wheel speed sensor clearance to the tone ring?
  5. A

Not sure what happened with the previous message but here is the rest of it; csstevej said: Have you checked the LCA aft bushings yet? Jack up the car and grab the control arm and move it fore and aft , is there movement? Are they broken ? I had that issue on my daughters car. You can always...
  6. A

I will get it in the air tomorrow and check for any movement. Did yours pulsate due to
  7. A

I had a previous rotor/steering vibration due to warpage and had them turned along with new pads. Seems to be 2 separate issues unless I'm missing something.
  8. A

Hello, Have an 2003 Jetta ALH, standard, 200K, that had a bad left front abs sensor wire & abs dash light on. Before the sensor was replaced It then started to develop a low speed pulsation in the brake pedal at final stop, while driving straight & turning at low speed only. I thought it was...
  9. A

Overheating no fans

Sorry its been a few months to reply my findings and hope this helps someone in the future. Yes it ended up being a head gasket and put a new head/bolts on it as well. Over heating issues resolved. Thanks to all that chimed in!
  10. A

Overheating no fans

The one I removed and replaced both had the disc, so no method to the madness, but good point!
  11. A

Overheating no fans

update, The new thermo switch arrived today and put it in, topped off coolant, evaced the air out of the cooing system, then test drove. Traveled up hill about 4-5 miles and temp started to rise, pulled off to put the heat gun on the radiator and low and behold the fans were running on high...
  12. A

Overheating no fans

Ok, getting back to the oil film I just noticed in the surge tank, could that also be from a cracked/bad EGR?
  13. A

Overheating no fans

Just spoke to him it was checked for warpage and didn't have any.
  14. A

Overheating no fans

Honestly I can't remember had a friend thats had several VW's do most of it, but will reach out and see what all was done. Work was done 30k ago, could this be something that can happen over time or if warped it would be immediate?
  15. A

Overheating no fans

Ok just went out and look in surge tank no that its empty and see a film of black oily substance in the bottom, see pic (nevermind) I can get it to load with my message, so head gasket???
  16. A

Overheating no fans

I did replace the surge tank when this all started, thinking it was cracked due to the small amount of coolant down the frame, which just got worse over time now boiling over, and the original tank was more than likely good. Is there a good post here or anyone have instruction on how to test...
  17. A

Overheating no fans

Same head, bent valve was corrected, new head bolts, pistons & rings on all 4 cyl's while it was opened up.
  18. A

Overheating no fans

when I get the low coolant alarm, and inspect under the hood, water is boiling in surge tank/over flowing, and can hear it in the head as well. Turned heater on and let idle, bleed pressure and refill. I did swap the cap with another used one with no change, I guess I can order a new one, but...
  19. A

Overheating no fans

Coolant color good, no water in oil or vise versa in surge tank, how did yours look when your gasket went south? any other was to check for bad gasket?