Search results

1. F

BRM Pd140 turbo does this need tuned, is it normal or are there other issues?

OK, after a year and a couple months I finally pulled the turbo, ready to replace it. I checked the axial play and it was only one thousandth of an inch. The impellers looked really good. The problem turned out to be the EGR MLS gasket on the block off plate on the manifold. I replaced this...
  2. F

3.0 TDI CATA swap into midsize truck

X2 in resurrecting. Any updates from either of you (or anyone else)? Thinking of swapping one into a Jeep wrangler JK.
  3. F

2011 Jetta TDI - heavy white/gray smoke heavy diesel smell

The white/gray smoke was def raw unburned diesel fuel (think about your old days on the farm and adding diesel to a warm burn barrel just before it ignites). Black smoke is generally from over fueling. Certainly not the case here. I found a dripping injector. New injectors landed today and...
  4. F

Yeah, Block 13 looks great. -0.07mg/str to 0.16 mg/str. I pulled the fuel return from the injectors and diverted them into individual water bottles. All injectors output about the same volume while running - no outliers. Still heavy white-gray smoke. Not sure where to go now
  5. F

Oh, and I drained the lower intercooler turbo hoses, and only had an acceptable amount of oil come out (about 1/2 cup).
  6. F

I just bought this car recently; the mechanic of the person I bought it from said the turbo needed to be replaced due to the smoke, but after having this car for a few days, I'm thinking injector seal or injector issues. The smoke is heavy from idle and during acceleration, gray/white and smells...
  7. F

Hi, I saw you ordered the EGR delete from TDIUpgrades.com. How was the quality of the one your...

Hi, I saw you ordered the EGR delete from TDIUpgrades.com. How was the quality of the one your received, compared to the fitment problems MikeRobb reported? Thanks, Neil
  8. F

Hi Mike, did you ever get any resolution from TDIUpgrades.com on your faulty EGR delete...

Hi Mike, did you ever get any resolution from TDIUpgrades.com on your faulty EGR delete? Thanks, Neil
  9. F

2014 JSW - DPF / EGR Delete w/ Malone Stage 2 Tune

Hey InfoSec, did the EGR delete you received from TDI Upgrades fit any better than the pictures in this thread posted by Mike?
  10. F

New JSW - compression and turbo questions

Hi all, I just got an 11 JSW tdi with a few issues. I've searched and struggle to find a compression adapter to fit into the gp holes of my CJAA. Not much help with search. I have the HF diesel comp kit and it obviously doesn't have the correct adapter. What are your guys using to check your...
  11. F

2014 JSW - DPF / EGR Delete w/ Malone Stage 2 Tune

Hey Oilhammer, what was the low level tune on the vehicle you referred too? I'm trying to decide which tune to go with and of course anything over 0.5 Malone is suggested/required to have the dsg tuned as well. Just curious to help me decide 0.5 or above. Thanks!
  12. F

Could it be a combination of the tune and/or physical actuator adjustment? I am going through the garret installer seminars now to try to get a better understanding of adjustments. I bought the car as described. PO likely got the Malone Stage 1 for the egr delete programming, who knows. The...
  13. F

Since VCDS only allows me to log 3 banks, here is 010 (maf), 011(boost) and 015 (torque). I'll have to make another log to get injection duration. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zum4H2ghyEac8sJH3DbzEGPQfVdgskbn/view?usp=sharing
  14. F

I bought this 06 jetta tdi BRM with a Garrett PD140, stage 1 Malone tune, stock cam, injectors, intake and exhaust. The turbo is making some noise under load, with what I believe is the waste gate actuation. Is this normal or does it need tuned. I have ordered a boost gauge to help u...
  15. F

BRM injector rocker bolt broke

Thank you. I found that the current bolts were the CG style. Since the head popped off, I opted to go with the oem TTY bolts. Of coarse, the failed bolts may have been torqued incorrectly by the po, causing the failure.
  16. F

Torque spec - injector rocker stretch bolts

Hi all, I've found several specs online for the BRM injector rocker bolt torques - however most seem to be geared toward the reusable non-stretch bolts. Can someone confirm the torque specs for new, oem stretch bolts for the injector rocker? Thanks!
  17. F

BRM injector rocker bolt broke

I was fully expecting to replace the cam and lifters, but I found one of the injection rocker bolt heads snapped off. I'm hoping this is the loud top end sound I'm hearing. Cam was replaced at 180k miles by PO (odo currently at 230k). I found the broken bolt head in the cam bearing cap hole...
  18. F

What is this silver cylinder on my BRM?

Gotcha. I think I'll be doing the egr cooler delete, since the egr Has already been blocked off. Looks like it'll clear a lot of space to see what's going on beneath the turbo.
  19. F

What is this silver cylinder on my BRM?

Thank you guys. First TDI, so I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go. Has anyone improved on ths ccv connection in the aftermarket world?