Search results

1. J

Coolant Flange Replacement

Hello all. Been searching and cannot seem to find how to replace coolant flange on 2013 2.0 tdi passat. I See other similar cars but set up looks different. Anyone has a link on how to ? There is a large tube around area where one of the retaining bolts is as well as another clamped hose that...
  2. J

New HPFP installed-Additional Steps?

Ok, so while all this is happening, I took fuel injectors to local shop to be tested. Results indicate one of the injectors has excessive return volume due to faulty valve. Tech stated that this valve has a dual function:injection and return. So it injects fine, but returns too much..?? Given...
  3. J

Pump only went one way. Checked part numbers and they matched except for maybe last letter-mine ended with AB for example and the new one ended with A.
  4. J

Thanks. I did do that. Still nothing. I re-installed original one and it started.I'm kind of leaning towards my hpfp is good; no metals, cam lobes, roller, etc.. inside the pump all look good, no scuffs, or anything. I installed new fuel pressure regulator valve. Car starts fine but still have...
  5. J

Installed new hpfp . Timed everything back , ran lift fuel pump at least 4 times. Car not starting. Is there something additional needs to be done? I install back old pump and it s tarts . By putting in new pump, is there something need to be done with vcds besides purging air out?
  6. J

Installed HPFP-No Start

So, despite the difference between actual and specified, car should start. Tried another pump , ran supply pump with vcds again to push air out, and measuring values was same. Car then started after about 2 seconds cranking. . Good thing nothing wrong with timing.
  7. J

Installed HPFP-No Start

Hello all. Just installed HPFP on 2013 Tdi Passat . Ran fuel pump with vcds to purge air out. Looked at .measuring values and fuel high pressure specified value is 28000 hPa while actual is between 9600 and 12000 hPa. Obviously a big discrepancy. It's not starting but wanted to make sure if...
  8. J

HPFP Fuel pump timing

Thanks. I was overthinking. Hpfp is now off and replaced. Now will be putting timing belt back on.
  9. J

HPFP Fuel pump timing

I'm in process of replacing fuel pump on 2013 2.0 tdi passat. Had locking tools/pins on crank, cam and fuel pump sprockets. Per instructions, i loosened the fuel pump's bolts in order to loosen timing belt. I removed the holding pin on pump to remove the hub after removing the sprocket. This...
  10. J

Fuel rail pressure low

It's been a while. After dealing with above mentioned diesel in oil issue, I continued with low fuel pressure. Took out pump from tank and found 5 pin connector on the pump scorched; all 5 blade connectors , and plastic D connector housing somewhat charred black as if it been on fire. So, for...
  11. J

Diesel in oil-Passat TDI 2013

Local dealer quoted new engine $4,572 plus $2300 refundable core. Or a used engine with 90k miles, no core but $4,400. Both one year, 10k miles warranty. Both will only include the block itself, the heads, and valve cover. It does NOT include parts such as the manifold, turbo, fuel pump, etc.
  12. J

Thank you. Understood. Will have to do some inspection and confirm the damage go from there. So after looking up the different components of a fuel injector, the part that shows cracked is the injector retaining nut and not the actual injector Body. For whatever that's worth.
  13. J

Hammer, you a vendor? Ideas where to get engine from reputable source?
  14. J

Just curious..likely what happened since had dpf regen frequency code about same time. As get repairs done, understand waht happenned .
  15. J

:ROFLMAO:...ditch. So, with regards to the theory of diesel getting into oil during regens, how is that possible? What are the components involved and how do these operate as a group/system for this to happen ? Thanks all
  16. J

Around 2018 bought it from dealer. It has been to dealer already for fuel injector replacements and was still under diesel gate warranty. But not no more.
  17. J

Haha! Low fuel rail pressure and low oil pressure. Bought Straight from good ol dealer
  18. J

As I'm ready to take this apart I notice that hairline fracture..yikes! The other injector that I was able to take out is bulged out at the tip area. So I would be unable to take off copper seal and put a new one in. Are these subpart replaceable? Also, I'd love to hear thoughts as far as how...
  19. J

I have a sliding hammer and been at it for a while. No Kroill or free all in local stores. I did find some knockem loose plus at local grainger. This any good? I don't think the pb blaster is doing the job here.