Search results

1. N

Disconcerting check engine incident.

2011 jsw 60k miles. I was half way to work this morning when within the span of a minute or two the check engine light I think flashed very briefly along with a beep. This happened 3 times about 20 seconds apart maybe.The info screen also said "service engine" or "service immediately" and one...
  2. N

Low miles but 10yr timing belt opinion on hard parts

My 2011 jsw is at 58k miles original timing belt. I'm planning to cha he it soon just because I don't trust that the rubber will last to 120 at the rate I accumulate miles. My question is should I bother replacing the idlers, tensioner and other stuff? If I was changing because of miles I would...
  3. N

P2101 error code and blinking glow plug light on 2011 JSW

So I have had this light come and go a couple times over the last couple weeks. It seems to blink for 1 or two drive cycles and then the code is stored for a couple more drive cycles and then it goes away on its own for a week or two. Did a 300 mile trip last weekend with several stops and no...
  4. N

Are there any common leak points that cause exhaust fumes to enter the cabin through the hvac?

I have a fairly new to me 2011 JSW and any time I come to a stop with the hvac fan on it quickly starts smelling like diesel exhaust fumes in the cabin. While moving/driving no problems with fumes. It did have some accident damage when I got it so maybe something cold have got knocked loose...