Search results

1. A

Entire TDI family named "Worst Foreign Car Engine Of All Time"

I can squeeze about 1,500 km from the tank during summer, about 1,200 during the worst months of winter, and road trips will yield around 1,700 km ; all of this after the VW “fix”. Seems to me that an engine using so little fuel, comparatively to any gasoline engine, could also be less...
  2. A

Dsg lifespan

I opted for the DSG and have no regrets at all ; it is by far the best tranny I’ve ever operated. I basically let it shift into 2nd gear, then switch to “manual” mode ; 1600 for 3rd, about 1400 for 4th, 1200 for 5th, and 1100 for 6th. Gets me into the very low 4’s (liters per 100 km) when not...
  3. A

Underboost/sludge in intercooler

I would suspect a failing turbo as well, lest the dealer told me it’s fine and the clogged intercooler is the problem. What can you tell me about the dealer’s answer ?
  4. A

Thanks for the input. Reason why I want to take the whole unit out is because of the cold weather up here right now ; I would bring it in the house and let everything come to room temperature for an easier cleaning job.
  5. A

Hi folks. After my check engine light came on, my VW dealer detected an underboost problem and identified it coming from my intercooler having sludge in it. I was wondering, if I remove the unit and clean it, can that help solve the problem ? If so, how can it be cleaned ? In any event, have...