Search results

1. R

ASV Flap Part Repair

What is this valve exactly and what does it do?
  2. R

Dash light regen indicator?

I see 1200-1300 mid regen on my '13. I can't help but think it would be such an advantage to owners to know when a regen is occurring and be instructed to not shut it off unless absolutely necessary. This would have to prolong the life of the DPF and associated items!
  3. R

Just to be clear, I don't have a light on in my car, it was a post on the MPG forums about that world record setting Passat back in 2013 that went something like 1600miles on a single tank of fuel. In their logs of the run, they showed a dash pic with the little DPF light on and mentioned it was...
  4. R

Hi Gents, I was reading the very long thread about the 2013 Passat that set the Guiness World Record a few years back and in that thread, I noticed they had some pics up that showed the dash with a regen light on when the car was in a regen process. I have a 2013 and do not have this light, can...
  5. R

Newbie, educate me on Regens

I'm just using a generic $20 ELM327 dongle from Amazon, it works surprisingly well! It is wifi, not bluetooth.
  6. R

Dealer service requirements for CPO TDI resale

I just bought a 2013 Passat TDi SE that was a buyback CPO, and being a mechanic I verified everything on the checklist was done. Kudos to my Ocala Florida Dealer because they did it all. I bought my car with 40k miles on it for $10,700 it had all new tires, all new brakes and rotors, fresh oil...
  7. R

CR oil recommendations with emissions delete

I'd be running Rotella T6 or Delo 5W40 deleted or not... thats what I'm running even with full emissions. Engine longevity to me is more important than the emissions garbage which I'll remove when it fails.
  8. R

Gentlemen, I figured I'd share something pretty neat with the group since you've all been so much help. I had an app on my phone (iPhone) that I've used for a long time with my ELM327 OBD adapter called "Car Scanner ELM". I think it was free but offers a paid version with a few more features as...
  9. R

Normal oil consumption?

Wow! Thats the new 508/509 spec stuff I guess.... I cannot imagine running a 0W20 in a diesel.... sure lets sacrifice reliability for that .00001% MPG!! No Thanks! I will not put anything lighter than a 5W40 in any diesel.
  10. R

Normal oil consumption?

I just bought my '13 TDi CPO last week from the dealer and the window sticker clearly stated 0W20 Castrol.... I panicked as soon as I seen that and dumped the oil. I'm praying that isn't what they actually put in it.
  11. R

Flashing oil light

Not much difference really... 4.5qt = 4.3 L Either way he was Waay low on oil...
  12. R

Flashing oil light

That is definitely NOT good considering the total capacity is just over 4 quarts...
  13. R

I noticed that when looking at their page just a few minutes ago, will it work with my 2013 CKRA? I have a ELM327 module already, but don't own anything android so I'll have to pick something up.
  14. R

Normal oil consumption?

I personally think a 30wt oil in these little high output diesels is what is causing most of the issues with the engine and turbo, it isn't sufficient enough to create the boundary lubrication levels that a diesel needs. I refuse to run a 5W30 oil in a diesel. Too many VII's to shear down and...
  15. R

Great info, thank you all!
  16. R

Flashing oil light

No oil on the stick and light flashing is not good, its either leaked it all out or its burning it somewhere. No way to even speculate until you see the car. Could have been as simple as a drain plug fell out.
  17. R

Hi Guys, Been lurking for a bit and trying to learn as this is my first ever TDi, been wanting one for ages but were just never affordable. I own a diesel truck and have been working on Fords for ages, so I'm not a diesel dummy but I don't know jack about DPF, Regens, or none of the emissions...