Search results

1. BigT

SOLD - 1996 VW Passat TDI For Sale - PRICE DROP

For Sale 1996 Passat TDI. This is the 2nd time I've owned this car and I've been restoring it for about 2 years. The 1.9L Diesel engine currently has 343,000 miles. If you're a VW Diesel person you know it was one of the last years Passat TDI's were made in Germany and sold in the U.S. It has...
  2. BigT

B4 Clutch Master Cylinder Plastic Connector

The plastic connector that connects to the hose broke on my master cylinder. I don't want to buy the whole cylinder. Anyone know where I can get one? Thanks for your help...
  3. BigT

96 Passat TDI Exhaust Temp Sensor Location

I ordered one today...Thanks
  4. BigT

Thanks Brian...About 15 years ago you helped me with this car...I sold it 10 years ago...Last year I found it behind an old church in North St. Louis in bad shape. I've been restoring it for the past 12 months. Where's the best place to get a newer ECU?
  5. BigT

Thanks...I appreciate your response. What does missing 12V mean? How do I fix it.
  6. BigT

The CEL Code is P1446. Which says "Catalyst Temp Sensor 1 (G20) Short to ground. Any ideas what that means? I appreciate your help. Thanks Tom
  7. BigT

I can't find the connection for my Exhaust Temp Sensor. I know where it goes on the exhaust. I can't find where it connects on the other end.
  8. BigT

Exhaust Sensor 96 Passat TDI

Exhaust temp.
  9. BigT

Exhaust Sensor 96 Passat TDI

There are 2 Exhaust Sensors on my 96 Passat TDI. I can't find where the Temp Sensor connects under the hood. Any help would be great. Thanks.
  10. BigT

B4 Passat Seat Removal

Thanks Steve...I'll give it a try this weekend.
  11. BigT

B4 Passat Seat Removal

I'm restoring a 96 Passat TDI. I want to take out the front seats. What's the trick in getting them out?