Search results

1. mayday_soc

What did you do to your MK7 today?

@Cuzoe I agree, not even close to needing spacers. Definitely a little close to the top and bottom of the caliper tho. So close I would only put balancing weights on the inside of the wheel. I like the extra chonk on the tires too compared to my rse10 18 inch summers.
  2. mayday_soc

Stopped procrastinating and threw my winter wheel setup on. Feels good to have some traction in the morning. Neuspeed rse05 Pirelli SottoZero 3 235/45/17.
  3. IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

Winter wheel setup.
  4. IMG_0514.jpeg

IMG_0514.jpeg

Winter Wheel setup.
  5. mayday_soc

Installed a Racing Line carbon fiber rear body brace this morning. Maybe this will help in keeping my new sunroof frame from cracking… Maybe.
  6. IMG_1059.jpeg

IMG_1059.jpeg

Racing Line carbon fiber body brace.
  7. mayday_soc

CRUA Turbo upgrade

I’m not of much help as I do not have the cr190. I do have a Darkside gtb2260 kit. I upgraded to their stage 1 injectors and did the head bolt upgrade as well. I have a cp3 but it is not installed yet as the incorrect pump was sent out at the time of install. I did install the Darkside metering...
  8. mayday_soc

SEL Lighting Package

I just reread your first post. My fault, sorry about that. You said wide spotlight. Just wanted to give you some info on the xenon’s. They really are great lights and a step up from the halogens. I’d leave them as is until a bulb replacement is needed.
  9. mayday_soc

SEL Lighting Package

@Mass. Wine Guy You say your xenon’s are a white Blob. I don’t remember the VAG factory xenon’s being that white. White isn’t ideal for all driving conditions or for the average drivers vision. The Osram Night Breaker Lasers are a favorite of many people as they're some of the brightest Xenon’s...
  10. mayday_soc

Volkswagen Sunroof Settlement Reimbursement Claim

@JM Popaleetus It cost me 3k (the first time) and I’d be due back 60% which I would gladly take at this point. Unfortunately the adhesive did not take and the new dealer I went to insisted the new sunroof frame was bent (couldn’t fit glass in after re-installed). They made me buy another new...
  11. mayday_soc

SEL Lighting Package

@Nuje Osram D3S CBB 7k Xenon’s. DeAuto LED corner bulbs. DeAuto LED blinkers. (This was back in 2020, not sure if they still make them.) I also replaced other lights with LED for a better match: DeAuto Hyper Yellow Fog lights H11 3k. DeAuto LED license plate light. DeAuto LED Hatch light...
  12. mayday_soc

SEL Lighting Package

Most VAG tuners or speed shops will have VCDS. Seeing as how they’re lowering cars all the time which changes the angle of the rear leveling sensor they should be recalibrating the xenon’s. Should only take 15 minutes to do the coding and the recalibration (on LEVEL ground). Call around to some...
  13. mayday_soc

SEL Lighting Package

In VCDS I unchecked NAR (North American Region) which turns off the higher DOT beam pattern. This provides the ROW European (Not DOT approved) beam pattern. Theres an 18 page thread covering this on the Golf MK7 forum. I also enabled city, rain, all weather driving. I believe the lights dim when...
  14. mayday_soc

SEL Lighting Package

I changed my bulbs but I always loved mine. I did some non NAR region coding to mine which really woke them up but that would not help with them projecting higher as I believe NAR region DOT beam pattern is the higher, less wide beam. There is a level sensor on the rear torsion beam. Make sure...
  15. mayday_soc

@Freeze Plug Honestly not great. But if you had a sunroof leak due to the frame cracking There may be a partial reimbursement. More info at sunroofsettlement.com.
  16. 71461483341__E1B43123-7124-4663-A829-699B31811364.jpeg

71461483341__E1B43123-7124-4663-A829-699B31811364.jpeg

Reimbursement payout
  17. mayday_soc

I received this in the mail this week. Looks like a class action lawsuit that covers all mk7 golf’s 2015-2019. I paid out of pocket to replace mine and I’m still having issues from the install. I’m most likely going to try and get some kind of reimbursement. This sunroof issue has been an...
  18. mayday_soc

@IndigoBlueWagon Are you putting any diesel treatment in your tank or are those mpgs from straight MA diesel?
  19. mayday_soc

Fuel Tank Capacity?

I removed the plastic neck filler with snap ring pliers. Only takes a minute and can be reinserted if needed. Makes fueling and adding cetane boost a little easier. You’ll also be able to fit the older large diesel pump nozzles.
  20. mayday_soc

Big(er) Brake Upgrade. (Edit: Installed w/pics)

@Cuzoe Yes, the 6r rear calipers bolt right up but I’d recommend staying with the Mk7 pp rears. The Mk6 have a little hardline pipe attachment that doesn't work well with the Mk7 brake line setup. We ended up not using the pipe and attached the brake line direct to the caliper. And yes, you...