Search results

1. I

ALH Injection Pump TDC

Glad to hear that’s normal and I didn’t inadvertently damage the pump somehow. Alright, I’ll put the sprocket back on and try to get a lever on it. Thanks for the response!
  2. I

ALH Injection Pump TDC

Hey all, hobbyist taking a crack at a timing belt on one of these ALHs, and I made a mistake when I tried to rotate the crank from the injection pump. The pump jumped a few teeth while trying to turn the motor, though I can't recall how many. The belt is off, and the crank and cam are both...
  3. 02 Jetta TDI

02 Jetta TDI

4. pump.PNG

pump.PNG

5. I

Fuel Injector Swap (ALH)

That’s great, thanks for the responses!
  6. 02 injector harness.jpg

02 injector harness.jpg

Plug running to #3 fuel injector on an 02
  7. 03 injector harness.jpg

03 injector harness.jpg

Plug running to #3 fuel injector on an 03
  8. I

Fuel Injector Swap (ALH)

Hey all, I'm in the middle of an automatic to manual swap. The automatic is an 02 and the donor is an 03. I understand the fuel injectors off a manual car are "better" than injectors off an automatic, so I'm going to swap them in to accompany the 11mm pump. Are they really that much better...
  9. I

Understanding Compression

Thanks all, massively helpful responses. Look forward to NOT breaking my glow plugs anytime soon:D
  10. I

Ok, those numbers make sense. Clearly my Google search yielded the wrong numbers. Just curious, where did that info come from/where can I read up on accurate specs? And thanks for the heads up on the oil cooler. I'll look into that first. Growler, have you used that harbor freight tester...
  11. I

So I'm new to this diesel thing. Picked up an older tdi with over 400k miles on it. Previous owner kept it up but got rid of it because it's due for a timing belt, and its got coolant mixing with oil. So he called it quits. I was just dumb enough to buy it off him:) I want to run a...