Search results

1. B

Changed injector now weird switch time deviation

Hi , long story short . Bxe engine dropped a rod . Replaced with bkc used unit . Poor idle so renewed cam and lifters but no change I guessed they would have wear on them anyway . . Renewed no 4 injector with known good ( from Bxe ) misfire and rough idle fixed . Great ! Nope not so great . Now...
  2. B

Can the tandem pump make a tap or ticking noise

Well that didn't make any difference , so it's not that . I'll start a new thread with a new title .
  3. B

Hi it's a job to say really as this is the first time I've had the oil and car up to temperature . I've been chasing a poor idle problem since fitting a second hand engine . I could have inherited a problem with the replacement engine . I'm going to change out the tandem pump today for the cost...
  4. B

Hi , long story short . Bxe engine dropped a rod . Replaced with bkc used unit . Poor idle so renewed cam and lifters but no change I guessed they would have wear on them anyway . . Renewed no 4 injector with known good ( from Bxe ) misfire and rough idle fixed . Great ! Nope not so great . Now...
  5. B

Misfire worse after new camshaft ??

Well , the saga continues. No 4 injector was the culprit . I've changed it out with a known good second hand item from the junk engine that I have replaced . The car idles well now but another issue has cropped up . I'll start a new thread to address this . Thankyou to all for advice received .
  6. B

��I'll be opening it up again after the weekend . Thanks
  7. B

Got to be worth a try , I'll swap them over ?
  8. B

No I haven't removed injectors . This is actually a used bkc lump put in place of an exploded bxe engine . I did notice that the injectors in this engine do not sit at perfectright angles in the block , could this have an affect on things . I have tried a quality Diesel purge and it didn't seem...
  9. B

Rechecked lash and set properly, replaced loom with a known good one , but car still runs rough on idle when warm . It's fine when it's cold . Feels like I have an occasional misfire under load at higher speeds in higher gears . Just a bit more info , jump in with any suggestions please .
  10. B

Just to clarify , when the injector adjustment screw is tightened , I take it you screw down past the spring resistance until you hit an actual stop ??then back off 180 . Can someone confirm if this is correct please . Cheers
  11. B

Would the lash affect the deviation , they were set by tightening then backing off 180 degrees .
  12. B

Yes cam timing set with pins and double checked . The tortion value is at -1.0 .
  13. B

Hi all , I've been chasing a misfire on my bkc engine golf . The cam was worn so it's been replaced with a new item together with lifters etc . Before the can was renewed vcds showed injection deviationon cylinder 4 to be 2.99 all others were close to 0. Now after the camshaft replacement vcds...
  14. B

Another violent shudder under load thread

My old bxe engine had recently had a new turbo . If I transfer this to my bkc lump would this rule out the zip tie fix ??
  15. B

Okey dokey , I’ll try the zip tie mod , if that doesn’t work I’ll take a peek at the camshaft .i do have a dodgy idle so that might be a plus 1 for the camshaft .
  16. B

Just searched zip tie mod , I might be wrong but it looks more suited to people suffering with no power . Mine seems to drive well with lots of power throughout the rev range . The problem only arises when I floor it at about 1700 rpm in forth and fifth gear made worse f I'm on an incline...
  17. B

Hi all . I have a 2008 Golf 1.9 Bxe engine that went bang ( Conrod failed) . I have since had the block replaced with an apparently good bkc block . Since then I've encountered some issues and I was hoping you guys might be able to help . Here goes with my story . Parts used during swap ...