Search results

1. J_dude

VW beetle camper on BAT

Not sure where else to put this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-volkswagen-beetle-super-bugger/ Ad says it has a 1.6 air cooled flat four...
  2. J_dude

Rabbit Pickup TDI, $7k, Lloydminster AB/SK (not mine)

https://m.facebook.com/groups/590247374379419/permalink/24667164332927720/?mibextid=K35XfP Sorry, it's a face place ad.
  3. J_dude

Volkswagen "Poorsche"

Not my pic, thought you guys might like it though. 😂
  4. J_dude

Cummins guys, where do you get injectors?

Been out of the truck scene for a while and my 12 valve needs a set of injectors, not sure who is the go to for that these days. Looking to upgrade of course. 😉 Also, if you have any tips on what size for my setup I'd be grateful, I'd trust you guys a lot more than the average joker on a truck...
  5. J_dude

MKIV Harlequin

Saw this today in Morden MB. Pretty neat, I don’t think it’s a TDI though. Kinda jealous actually, even though it’s not a factory build.
  6. J_dude

Removing Jetta Trunk Lock Cylinder?

Okay so removing the lock housing is simple, just three T25 screws, but how do I get the lock cylinder out of the housing? I have everything else off, the plastic piece for the switch and the spring and cam plate thing, but it’s not obvious how to release the cylinder from the housing, and...
  7. J_dude

MKIV Front Door, Removing Upper Hinge Inner Bolt, *Without* Dash Removal

I couldn’t find any actual information on how to do this so I decided to figure it out on my own and make an attempt at documenting the “details” with some crappy cellphone pics. I needed to adjust the upper front door hinges and almost every thread said you have to pull the dash back to get at...
  8. J_dude

(Not mine) 02 Jetta, only $15,500! Red Deer AB

Nice car, maybe a little outta my price range. 😂https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1356401788277954/?mibextid=6ojiHh
  9. J_dude

Won’t rev past 1800 in neutral.

My friend has an ‘06 BRM, 255k km. It was written off in a front end collision and we don’t know any of it’s history, so I have recommended he get a timing belt kit for it ASAP, but in the mean time, it has other issues. We haven’t driven it, as he is still working on repairing the front end...
  10. J_dude

Cam Journal Caps, Wear/Scoring, ALH. How much is too much?

Ok I mentioned this over in the “What Did You Do...” thread, but I want to hopefully make this the definitive thread for people looking for this info later on. I searched all over last night and this morning but I cannot find any hard facts on this issue. There’s a couple of mentions of similar...
  11. J_dude

8 rib clutch pulley for MKIV Sanden compressor?

Hey guys, got a bit of a weird one. I’m looking into making use of the old Sanden A/C compressor from my ALH as an on-board air compressor on another vehicle, but I would need an 8 rib clutch pulley as opposed to the 6 rib it has now (have to replace the clutch anyway, not working right). So...
  12. J_dude

New South Performance NLA??

Been waiting for EGT and oil pressure gauges to show up in stock somewhere for months now, seems they just cannot be found anywhere... I emailed them a while back and they said they should have more available in like fall of ‘22, haven’t found anything anywhere, are they even going to be...
  13. J_dude

Buick problems... 40 codes, where to start?

So my Dad’s Buick has some issues... Service engine soon light came on and she was running rough intermittently, plugged the code reader in and FORTY codes! Naturally. Anyway, I’ve no idea where to begin. Car is a year 2000 Lesabre with the 3800 v6 engine. Not sure the best way to show you all...
  14. J_dude

What is my uncle’s ‘65 Bel Air worth?

I’m not even sure this is allowed on a German diesel car site but here we go! Haha My great-grandfather bought this car new, later it became my uncle’s first car, but has been sitting rotting in the grass for a decade or more and he’s planning to tow it out to the back pasture. Now I would like...
  15. J_dude

Another Ticking ALH

Ok so she’s developed a tick the last couple of weeks, 03 ALH Jetta, 468k km, timing belt was done 50,000-60,000 km ago and I checked cam at that point. Looked ok to my untrained eye. Screwdriver-to-ear test kinda makes me think it’s #4 injector, although the balance in VCDS is technically...
  16. J_dude

Should I drill a hole in my dash? What’s underneath?

Ok so here’s a question, what is under the dash above the center vents? Is there enough room there to run wires for gauges? I took out the center vents on my parts car to have a look but quickly realized there’s not much to see through that opening. I may try tearing into the dash a little more...
  17. J_dude

Help me get my Mk1 1.6 NA running again

This one may be kinda long... lol Looking to revive my 1981 Rabbit 1.6L diesel, it has been sitting for probably two years. Little back story, this was my first VW, the one that got me hooked on German Diesel’s, it cost me $500, was/is rustier than heck and I loved it. Coolant temp sensor quit...
  18. J_dude

Tow hook/eye only threads in 1.5 turns

Before anyone makes that comment, I’m aware it is reverse thread LOL. It starts threading in all right but only goes in a turn and a half then stops, seems like it’s been crossthreaded somehow as it starts to damage the end of the tow hook’s threads. What should I do? Could just put a bar...
  19. J_dude

It’s kinda complicated...

Not sure what to put in the title for this one, I have some strange questions. I am located in Canada (this will be important later). I have the opportunity to purchase for a very reasonable price a Mk4 Jetta 1.8T with 96,000 MILES (yes, miles), it is a very clean California car, has been...
  20. J_dude

NewSouth EGT, only 600*F?

What’s with NewSouth VDO EGT gauges not going lower than 600? Is watching temps for cooldown not a thing on TDI’s? I really would like a set of egt and boost gauges cause they match the stock ones so well but I feel like stopping at 600*F is strange. Maybe I’m just concerned over something...