Search results

1. shadowmaker

Crankshaft material?

We need to build a custom crankshaft to meet regulations in a certain competition class. Our concept should deliver ~350bhp/L with compound turbos. We have all the machinery needed to do this, but has anyone here a clue to what material should be used (and where to get it)? Making a crank out...
  2. shadowmaker

Multi-disc clutches???

Any experience with these? My 228mm Sachs with sintered disc is on its limits with current traction and torque. Original clutch is 220, so there's no room for bigger clutch. I'm just starting to upgrade my van's engine (2.5TDI) once more and hopefully I can get something like 800Nm out of it...
  3. shadowmaker

Vid of my van @1/4-mile, 14,5s 159kmh

Here's a video of my run from last weekend. It's taken with phone camera, so quality is what it is... http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=6f0df1k ET 14,535 Trap speed 158,88kmh (98,72mph), 60' 2,35 I lost that one by 0,1s, but was faster at the end.:) This was my only run so maybe I can...
  4. shadowmaker

Dynoed 1,9TDI today

Dynoed 1.9TDI today We followed my engine construction (2.5TDI 5cyl inline) on my friends -99 Golf 1.9TDI, although he is using "lame" Evo1 version head. I think we managed quite well as it were dynoed today in the same dyno I use with my van. Result was 230hp, 450Nm @1,6bar. With those numbers...
  5. shadowmaker

Any powergain from N-tercooler?

I have N-tercooler on my car, but haven't yet tested it on rollers. Any dyno proof on TDIs? What can I expect? 2%, 10%, 15% ??? Of course I'll dyno it later, but for now there's too cold outside to even bother.
  6. shadowmaker

Butt-dyno and VAG-COM?

It's too early here to have traction on the street as everything is covered with the snow. Meanwhile I'm waiting for the Sun to dry the pavement, I would like to know some more about this butt-dyno. I've understood that it's part of the latest version VAG-COM which I have. Now where is it to...
  7. shadowmaker

2.5TDI 5cyl dynoed 300+hp

This is how it printed out with only 1,2bar pressure at the top end. With no booster (NOS etc.) and pump fuel 228kW, 590Nm (originally 75kW, 250Nm). I can use 2,0bar boost with adequate injection on the street, but at least on this dyno it won't hold the pressure up due to the lack of...