Search results

1. V

DSG- Is this normal or does the DSG need service/repair?

I bought a 2012 Golf Wagon TDI (aka JSW) a couple of months ago. Low mileage (42 k km). It's my first experience with DSG. All my VWs have been manual shift, but I've driven my wife's gas Golf with the TIP auto a lot. The DSG is like having my car shifted by not very skillful manual transmission...
  2. V

One fob toots horn, the other doesn't...

Bought a 2012 JSW last month. Came with two key fobs. They both lock and unlock the car. On locking, one fob toots the horn, the other doesn't. Ideas? Thanks!
  3. V

Fuel flap problem

I've had my 2012 Golf Wagon for a month, so it was time to put fuel in it a couple of days ago. Fuel flap wouldn't open. Went home and checked online for answers and found that it's a common problem. Got the flap open with a bike tire tool. Now that tool stays in the glove box. After I had the...
  4. V

Interior disassembly to access sunroof drains - 2012 JSW

I'd like to thank Wilkins for sending me a very useful .pdf with instructions for taking off the interior panels so I could do a repair on the sunroof drains on my 2012 Golf Wagon (JSW in US). Aside from taking off a door panel or two -years ago- I'd never done any work on the inside of my...
  5. V

Another sunroof drain repair - 2012 JSW Golf Wagon

Same old story - spare tire well with a couple of inches of water, so I had to look at the rear sunroof drains in my 2012 Golf Wagon (JSW in US). I'm posting this because there were a couple of differences from the usual problems and solutions I'd read about. I don't have a level spot to work on...
  6. V

2012 JSW How to access rear sunroof drain???

I found a couple of inches of water in the spare tire well this morning - we've had a lot of rain recently. I did some reading here, and one thing which it seems I should check is the drain hose connections at the rear of the pano sunroof. ?? How do I access those connections? How much of the...
  7. V

CanadianTire special on Mobil 1 ESP

In another thread: Thanks to mheat, I went to my local CdnTire in Victoria and grabbed some of that oil. $35 (CAD). They still had about 15-20 jugs of each viscosity on the shelf. Just a 'heads up'....
  8. V

AAZ engine ground point?

I posted this in the TDI area; just realized- after a hint from Todd- I have a TD engine (AAZ?) in my VW Canada 97 Golf. I'm trying to solve an instrument cluster problem on my '97 Golf. While I'm awaiting for new stepper motors for the speedo and tach to come from China, I thought I should...
  9. V

Block common ground on 97 Golf diesel?

I'm trying to solve an instrument cluster problem on my '97 Golf. While I'm awaiting for new stepper motors for the speedo and tach to come from China, I thought I should check the ground points for corrosion. (Some posts on the cluster state that there's a separate ground for the tach/speedo vs...
  10. V

Open window 1/4" ? I miss my manual window crank!

Something I like to do in the winter and cold weather is to leave one (or more) of the windows 'cracked open' 1/8"-1/4" to allow the warm moist air (from melted snow and rain on clothing, floor mats, etc..) to escape after I get out of the car. This prevents (mostly) having the inside of the...
  11. V

Golf Wagon skid plate vs coolant heater?

I'm looking for a skid plate for my 2012 Golf Wagon (Canada) aka JSW (USA). The Canadian TDI wagons came with a plug-in heater (coolant heater? - I haven't looked under the front of the car yet; it's been raining non-stop here). Looking at the Evolution Osiris skid plate...