Search results

1. ramseygoat38

Newish 2012 Jetta TDI Owner, looking for performance upgrades

If your going for the lowered route go bagged. Drive like a stock car and drop it when it's parked. Also with newer systems you can really tune the feel you want from stiff to plush. It does require some maintenance but usually just in the form of draining water out of the system once a month or...
  2. ramseygoat38

SUMMERFEST 2020 IS CANCELLED. NAIAS has been cancelled.

I have been looking for a road trip to do this summer. I'm on the fence about it. Sounds like a good time though. I will have to see what I got planned(aka ask the wife haha). Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
  3. ramseygoat38

What did you do to your MKVI-A6 ~2010-2014 Golf family inc Jetta SportWagen Today?

The real fancy stuff you just wipe on, let sit and then rub off the excess. The cheaper stuff you get at stores works just like a wax though. The expensive stuff that needs applied by dealer means you really need to get your paint right before applying as that stuff will not come off anytime...
  4. ramseygoat38

What did you do to your MKVI-A6 ~2010-2014 Golf family inc Jetta SportWagen Today?

You apply it similar to a wax. It adds some hydrophobic properties to whatever you apply it to so it is easier to clean. Some stuff is better than others. It should Outlast wax but the cheaper stuff is just comparable. I got the chemical guys stuff. It's performance is alright but will...
  5. ramseygoat38

Bought some new wheels and ceramic coated them yesterday. Gonna do another coat this week and hopefully we don't have another snow storm. Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
  6. ramseygoat38

Glow plugs light not coming on.

I definitely would though I have heard from a local vw nut that we have a couple great shops here by the Rochester MN area. I have not had to visit them yet but it's good to know for sure. My local mechanic loves the older vw's but doesn't really want to work to much on my tdi. He will do fluid...
  7. ramseygoat38

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Have had mine for a couple months now, not a single issue to be had. I think most of those dpf problems are people short tripping them and just clogging them up. If I did that I would consider the dpf delete. I am already going to do it at the first time of dpf trouble from being full but my car...
  8. ramseygoat38

Making a trailer.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering why trailers are rated for slower speeds most of the time. I'll probably machine up an adapter for my car wheels. Can't decide if I want to sell my stock vw wheel set now or keep it for trailer wheels. The old Honda wheels would look better in my...
  9. ramseygoat38

I cleaned it out and it has not happened since then which is nice. I'm guessing it might happen again this spring when we start thawing out and freezing at night for week or two straight. Other than that this car has been great. Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
  10. ramseygoat38

Making a trailer.

If I get one of those northern tool trailers I will definitely be switching the wheels to my left over pair. Pretty easy swap I would imagine, I might need to machine up some new hubs but that wont be horrible. Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
  11. ramseygoat38

Thanks for the input, I think it was just a little bit of intercooler freezing. It was a hard uneven sort of start I would say. Once the weather changed it was sorted right out. Good to know about the fuel system. Definitely will add that to my bank of possible solutions if something like that...
  12. ramseygoat38

Making a trailer.

Maybe buying one of them northern tool ones then modifying it could work out alright. Looks like a decent platform to add onto. The grill would be removable, one of those Blackstone griddles. I'd probably cut the legs down and add some pin mounts and ways to hold it and other gear down in my...
  13. ramseygoat38

I have not had any other issues all winter which is awesome. Added a frost heater and it has worked alright. As soon as I turn on the car it shows it about a quarter up the heat range and quickly falls back to zero but it does heat up way sooner after that than before. Nicer starts as well...
  14. ramseygoat38

2012 Jetta TDI serious mpg issues(dsg)

That's a about what I expect from my 13 golf. At 65 I easily get 38mpg. Make sure your tires are all pumped up, your brake pads are not dragging and your not constantly mashing the throttle from a stop. I will say at 80mph I was getting a real time average of about 28-30mpg which I didn't think...
  15. ramseygoat38

Making a trailer.

Size is small. I want to mount a gas grill to it for camping and a prep table with enough room to store our gear underneath. Will also be using it to haul yard trimmings to the local dump. I'm guessing 5x4' or so. So far I have found some half axles that would work but don't really know what...
  16. ramseygoat38

Making a trailer.

Like the title I want to build a trailer and need a little insight on where to buy some hubs and axles and some general rules of thumb. This idea came about after I got my tdi a week after my wreck with my Honda. I have two wheels leftover with new tires so no sense in wasting them. Plus would...
  17. ramseygoat38

Adventures at -37

Im thinking of making some type of hooks with threads on the end then just using some butterfly fasteners to hold some acrylic or some of that thin black plastic you can find some places. We will see how it turns out. Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
  18. ramseygoat38

Adventures at -37

Good to know. Gonna make some covers for the grills here one of these days. Just trying to figure out a nice way of attaching them so I can take them on and off easily with out trying to run zipties. Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
  19. ramseygoat38

NorDak here I come!

Just got my set of winter wheels in a couple weeks ago. 17" with winter pirellis. Works like a dream. Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
  20. ramseygoat38

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Check under the hood and under any covers, found a couple mouse nests in mine. Cleaned it all out and looks like they didn't nibble on anything but the insulation. Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk