Search results

1. S

Audi A4 1997 AHU Max Reliable HP/Torque on stock Internals

Yes I know and I briefly considered putting the PD130 engine as a direct fit but the issue with that is to connect the ECU to the interior would require a bit of work unless I choose to fit the VW Passat interior in my Audi A4 interior, but still, it would be easier to get another platform...
  2. S

I know that the EDC is much better for tuning than the MSA but to convert from MSA to EDC it would take a lot of money which I don't think is worth it for under 200HP if I was looking for over 200HP then yes the EDC is much better. I don't know if it's worth it as I am trying to go with a budget...
  3. S

That was my point that was worrying me because I doubt anyone in Malta can tune them properly. There is only one tuning/mechanic shop that is recommended. What I was thinking of doing is PD150 cut bolts, stage 2 endurance clutch, BV43 turbo, 0.230 injectors, 3 bar map sensor, EGT sensor so that...
  4. S

Hi, I have been checking and researching a lot and trying to diagnose my car to see what internals I have, and finally, I can say that I have the 8mm valve stems with the single spring, as my engine serial number is 436,382. This means that I also have alcan pistons and rods which is a bit...
  5. S

The issue that is making me hold back, is the fact that I do not trust that mechanics will do it properly, and I do not have the proper equipment. And it won't be as proper as when Audi did it with the proper specs and methods. To change the head bolts quite a few other internal components need...
  6. S

@adamss24 Just to confirm I know that the PD150 head bolts from the ARL have to be shortened from 166mm to 115mm to fit. The question is I have to use my original washers on the head bolts correct as I think the PD washers are different? Also more importantly is it needed to upgrade the head...
  7. S

Yes, I will check once I open to change the head studs and then I might change everything to the newer ones. The case is quite a low milage 110,000Km on it.
  8. S

Yes agreed it's very odd. I also found according to the website that even 1Z had ALcan and Mahle Pistons. https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a4+avant/a4/1997-156/1/107-107000/ But it's very complicated to be sure because Audi A4 B5 was the first Chassis platform, they may have done a lot of...
  9. S

Now tomorrow I will confirm the Engine serial number as it is engraved on the side of the block not only on the timing cover.
  10. S

I am not sure exactly then as I am seeing two types of pistons Mahle and Alcan for the AFF, AHU & AFN. 028 107 065 AJ piston complete M >> AFF 009 500 M >> AHU 380 000 M >> AFN 570 000 cylinder 1, 2 MAHLE 028 107 065 BC piston complete M >> AFF 009 500 M >> AHU 380 000 M >> AFN 570...
  11. S

Even the pistons it is showing me that the AHU/AHH/AFN all have the same Alcan complete piston from the factory and for the rods, the same AHU/AHH/AFN have the same rods. Obviously, this is always for the Audi A4 variant, not the golf, Skoda, etc... But this will all be confirmed as you said...
  12. S

@adamss24 So my car is Audi A4 1997 AHU it has the old clock style without the numbers. But when I checked with my local Audi Agent with my Vin number he told me that it shows him with the two-valve springs. I can send you the link where I can see exactly the parts...
  13. S

@adamss24 Audi Agent Website Hi from the website that the Audi Agent uses I checked with my chassis number and the AHU has the outer and inner valve springs with the exact part number from the AFN (028 109 633 A) So from this I would assume I have the inner and outer springs and the 7 mm valves.
  14. S

I will remove the valve cover to check then to make sure. Do you have any photos of what I can look for to know what I have, or is it as simple as seeing an inner and outer spring or just one spring? I wish to also send you a photo as I know I have something connected to my boost pipe which I...
  15. S

How would I check by any chance? Can I check with the dealer or I need to open the valve cover gasket? The AFN came with twin valves as standard? So I only need to download the AFN software on my current ecu? There is no need to solder anything on my ecu? Ofcourse the tune will be custom due to...
  16. S

What I am not certain about is, if its best to just solder the AFN chip which is set for the VNT setup and the 3 bar map sensor onto my MSA15 ecu, or put the whole AFN ecu in but I am not sure if it's plug and play, or if the plug of the harness is different. I don't mind that there needs to be...
  17. S

Okay, thanks as I was thinking if 0.216 are used for around 140HP (Audi A6 C4 2.5tdi) I said then I should get the next big injector which is the 0.230 nozzle. I asked you about the 0.260 nozzles as I was thinking if I choose to, later on, build the internals I would have the 0.260 nozzles...
  18. S

Okay, great thanks I bought it for 350 Euro shipped as it still had the original box and looks like new as it wasn't used much. Then I will upgrade the CHRA from the BV43A. Now I was looking at these injectors with 0.230 nozzles. (https://en.powertdi.pl/injectors-for-19-tdi-vp-0230mm-to-220-hp)...
  19. S

I want more power but not an excessive amount which will just keep causing constant issues. I drive it quite a bit to know that it needs a bit more not a lot and I am currently at around 130HP so 170HP would be perfect and should keep reliability decent. Obviously, I am not expecting it to do...
  20. S

I would like it to cause no engine/internal issues for at least until I hit 250,000km. It currently has 110,000km/68,000 miles. Obviously, pipes and external parts can fail that's just an old car :)