Search results

1. C

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Sold it (wife's old blue auto). 245k. (Sold the dead engine jetta 5 speed about 2 weeks ago)
  2. C

2003 Jetta TDI Part Out (only 105K miles)

Don't give him a hard time for parting it out. Nobody wants one here in the east. No rust. Clean. Bent valve. Heck, the seats don't even look like they've been sat in. I've been trying to sell off for 5 months now, but no one wants it. Hate to see a clean ALH go myself. But I'm not...
  3. C

To swap or not to swap - manual/auto

Andy, sales post is here. We've dropped to $3500. Looking around, looks high in comparison. Though I'd argue the condition of the car should help excuse the price difference with others <$3000. It looks like the prices have dropped overall by 20-25% after the VW inspection fiasco.
  4. C

To swap or not to swap - manual/auto

So what would you do? No flaming, please. Bought the wife a new vehicle (1st brand new vehicle we have ever bought) in prep for her retirement. Her old commuter: 2002 Jetta GLS TDI auto, 243k. Auto was rebuilt at 174k. Unitronic chipped. Smooth runner. My old commuter: 2001 Jetta TDI, 5...
  5. C

FS: 2002 Jetta TDI 242k miles auto and 2001 Jetta TDI 215k miles 5speed - NC

Posted some current pictures of the 2002 (how in the world do I get them to show in the post? Tried the picture link, but it won't show up. Like this: )
  6. C

Bump for another round. These cars are not in bad shape! We owned the 2002 for 11 years and the 2001 for 3. Bought the latter off coworker (lady) who worked beside me at work.
  7. C

02 Jetta TDI

If I was buyin', I'd be asking. Trying to sell mine in prep for retirement. It's crickets out here on the east coast. Good luck with the sale. Hope it works out.
  8. C

WTB 1999-2003 TDI with manual tranny

PM sent to ? Just checking. Haven't seen one in my box. Thanks.
  9. C

stock ALH down pipe wanted

If in NC area, I have a complete exhaust. Came from a 215k TDI, but was running great (49mpgs). PM me.
  10. C

WTB 99.5-03 5 speed jetta/golf tdi

I have 2 TDIs for sale. Just outside your 5 hr window. Might be able to meet though. 1 auto running, 1 5 speed with a bent valve. Post is here
  11. C

WTB 1999-2003 TDI with manual tranny

I have 2 TDIs for sale just south of Raleigh. Post is here Running 2002 Auto 241k Minimum bent valve 2001 5 speed 215k
  12. C

2002 Jetta TDI GLS, 242k miles, auto blue. $3700. Selling the wife’s commuter in prep for her retirement. Owned since 63k miles. Paint is good. Leather interior is good/fair. Everything works (AC, windows, door locks, heat, fans, sunroof). Had tranny rebuilt 4 years ago locally at 174k...
  13. C

GA: ALH 5 speed trans, needs 5th gear almost complete swap

bump for a good deal. nice potential for the 5th gear swap to a higher ratio
  14. C

Black 2001 TDI with 5-speed, bad motor, Raleigh NC - $1800

Thanks for the honest opinion, though I would hope you were wrong too! Agree that TDI prices have somewhat fallen, though they were even slightly up a few months ago. Seeing the stable low gas prices would impact that. In one way, it's sad. Was wondering how long the A4 TDIs would be...
  15. C

Friday is coming quick! Not even crickets out there. Thought someone up north would have a rusted out Golf/Jetta with a good motor. (to be fair, one guy did contact me from WI with the first ad with that exact situation)
  16. C

Reposting as I can’t alter previous posting to the reduced price and deadline (if i've done wrong, please let me know): Reduced to $1800. Basics: 2001 Black TDI with 5 speed, 215k, bad motor (read details in link below). Overall, the car is in good/great condition, other than the motor. Some...
  17. C

Road trip distance?

2013, drove my 2001 Jetta TDI (5 speed) from Raleigh, NC to San Antonio Texas. Our son was having his 4th surgery down there (the other 3, my wife flew with him down there and rented a car). We made a quick trip over to NM to Roswell and Carlsbad Caverns. Trip was great. Want to believe we...
  18. C

2001 Black Jetta TDI 5 speed all good except motor - NC

Giving this one last shot here. Lowering the price to $1800 firm. If not sold a week from Friday, I'm going to pull it into the garage and start parting her out. Really hate to do it. This TDI is in very good condition. It's been babied. She got 48.6mpg over the last 3 years for me...
  19. C

2001 Black Jetta TDI 5 speed all good except motor - NC

Looked at the motor a little more. TB is in place. Turned the motor over for a few seconds. Can hear a valve get slapped by a piston. So minimum of a broke valve. Can't say that the TB didn't jump though. Just trying to give a little more info.