Search results

1. J

Error, Adblue, Wrench and CEL 300 miles till no start 2015 TDI SEL

I appreciate the help. Judging by what I was able to determine elsewhere, you're probably right.
  2. J

No hate??? You decided that because a scantool (that you wrongly call a knock off, It's not a knock off it's a completely different type of tool than the Rosstech product by the way). Is not reading codes because it's not the "CHOSEN TOOL" of this forum. The tool works fine. It's not reading a...
  3. J

Now I remember why I stopped coming here. No useful information if you aren't a Ross tech fan boy. This scanner is more useful to me because it reads multiple cars. Up front cost was more and the company doesn't insult people that don't buy it's product. Thanks for all your "help". What a bunch...
  4. J

In my second post I said that I thought it would have thrown a code if the tank heater wasn't working. I guess I could have been more explicit. There are no codes showing. That's why I'm confused.
  5. J

But my Ancel will also work on my BMW and Jeep. Unless I'm missing something, which is possible, if I just want the code, they'll both do that.
  6. J

My assumption is all scanners will show the codes.
  7. J

I just read a little about them, it'd make the car more fun if nothing else.
  8. J

I didn't mean it like that. It was an honest question. I know the VCDS can do more than a basic scanner.
  9. J

I have my reasons for not giving that company my money.
  10. J

Just for my understanding. It was more than -11, so the Adblue would have been frozen. If the car had started the heater would've turned on and melted it? Most likely scenario is that he heaters been broken for months + and it doesn't throw a code because it isn't needed until I try to start it...
  11. J

VW seems to have the worst time with backordered parts.
  12. J

I'm not sure what the freezing point of Adblue is. Quite possible could've been frozen. The posts I read about heater failure mostly list a code P205. I'll have to pull it out and see if I can convince myself that's the problem. That's a lot of money to spend on a part that I assume can't be...
  13. J

Is there a way to test before swapping parts? Seems like that would kick up a code.
  14. J

So during the cold snap we had I let the VW sit and drove my SUV. When I did go to start it, the temp was around -10 and it would go. I put a battery tender on it and left it. Started it up on a warmer day and it gave a warning of 1500 miles till no start. I started to drive it to work and it...
  15. J

DSG

You maybe right about the over temp. If I keep this car I may have to bite the bullet and get the equipment. But as you said if it is overfull, it's by a little bit. If you've done 4 you're way more experienced than I am.
  16. J

DSG

I did mine the kit that ID parts offers and replaced what I drained and just a bit more, pulled the plug until it just dribbled. Its hard to get the temp without the VCDS or alternative, but I got it to operating temp and then drained. It's been about 10,000 miles ago and have had no issues.
  17. J

2015 Passat TDI SEL - Heat Issues

I'd go along with air in the system. These things are a PIA to bleed. After I did my heater core it took several different tries. How I finally got it was to lift the passenger side front off the ground and let it run with the engine running and reservoir cap off. I even brought the floor jack...
  18. J

Engine starts but stops immediately - Golf Mk4 TDI 115

Last comment from me because it's not solving the OP's problem. How is this not rude? It's certainly not helping the OP, and the OP didn't ask him he / she asked the forum. But I'm not helping either, I just thought it was a stupid comment for someone trying to make a buck and I commented in...
  19. J

Engine starts but stops immediately - Golf Mk4 TDI 115

Any other product is looking better and better.