Search results

1. S

3.0TDI A6 shut off while driving

Hello, Today my Audi A6 3.0TDI BMK shutoff while driving and would not restart. Engine spins up normally but does not come alive. Had to get it towed back, did quick scan with VCDS - 004195 Fuel Pressure Regulation P1063 control range not reached comes up. Indicated pressure is 99bar. So far...
  2. S

3.0TDI BMK only 1.3 bar of boost full throttle

Hello, recently my car developed an issue where it would only boost to 1.3 bar instead of 1.6 bar. It does not trigger limp mode or fault codes but you can feel it being slower than usual. What are common places for boost leak or exhaust leak? I can hear air rushing sound when going close to the...
  3. S

Just an usual quattro driver messing up his car doing donuts in snow

Forgot to mention it is an 2005 A6 that got mechanical power steering I believe
  4. S

Would an pump produce whine due to that? Or it is just snow that got into the wheel arches are were rubbing wheels?
  5. S

So me an dumdum been doing donuts on snow in my A6 Quattro TipTronic full lock... (I know i know) Heard some squel from the belt and car started whinning like when you go in reverse. I instantly stopped doing that and noise dissapeared, could smell some either belt or some sort of fluid for like...
  6. S

Is it time to replace oil or torque converter. A6 C6 Quattro with TipTronic gearbox

Thank you for response oilhammer, do I need to change valve body gasket or not mandatory? If not do I ask them to check valve body bolt tightness?
  7. S

Is it time to replace oil or torque converter. A6 C6 Quattro with TipTronic gearbox

Hello, I have an 05 A6 3.0tdi quattro with tip. Recently I noticed that my rpms flactuate by about 100-200 in low rpm range while driving with accelerator depressed and engine/transmission cold. No fault codes stored in ecu or tcu. It stops doing that when car gets up to temp. Flactuation also...
  8. S

Audi Q5 2.0 tdi shake on idle

Pull injectors and get them tested. I bet they just ran diagnostics tool and called the day. Also check turbocharger if VNT works perfectly and there is no in/out shaft play
  9. S

Aux. Heater. Unable to set timer for current day

Hello,quick story time today I got scaried when huge amount of white smoke poured out from under the engine. Few seconds later I realized that it is webasto heater that is factory installed into the car (I knew car had one but wasn't sure if it was working). I was really happy to know that it is...
  10. S

A6 2005 6 speed automatic

So it was injectors, 6 new injectors later car runs like new without any smoke. Did injectors myself, had scary moment when copper washer fell into the head.
  11. S

316k km. Engine being infamous BMK pushes me towards bad injector
  12. S

Ok so managed to find/fix all issues except blueish smoke after sitting idle when warm. Is this injector issue or turbo? Oil is not increasing or decreasing. If car sits at stop light and I move away it throws small cloud of bluesmoke after that nothing until I stop and sit idle
  13. S

VNT WOO NOISE

Too big exhaust. It needs some back pressure to produce woo sound. Put on stock exhaust and remove silencer. It should make that noise
  14. S

Forgot to add that it idles perfectly, no smoke on cold start up or idle, no fault codes recorded
  15. S

Thank you makes me feel better about the car. I have few question, did an oil change, filled with 5w30 7.5L correct spec oil. After driving for like 50km oil stayed the same color it was when filled but I noticed clouds of blue smoke after sitting idle for 5 mins and pressing accelerator. Drove...
  16. S

It is Avant as well hehe. It sucks that manufacturer does not sell some models worldwide
  17. S

Hello, recently I got 2005 A6 with 3.0TDI engine and 6 speed automatic transmission. This is my first auto car and I am concerned about transmission. I wonder if it is normal for auto to hold higher rpm until speed catches up and then rpms drop by like 200-400 rpm in same gear. For example when...
  18. S

A4 1.9 TDI AFN OIL LEAK

oil filler gasket or clogged pcv They also make proper valve cover gaskets for AFN motor. Maybe your seals did not apply properly