Search results

1. Keystoner16

Question regarding BEW/BRM valves

I have what I believe is a BRM cylinder head that I would like to rebuild for use on a BEW. I'm aware that the BRM valves are slightly proud even when fully closed, as opposed to the BEW valves which are recessed. Using a straight edge and feeler gauges it seems the valves on the head I have...
  2. Keystoner16

Reputable PD injector rebuilders

I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find much searching here or on Google. Looking for good options for having a set of PD injectors rebuilt. Leaning towards DBW LLC but interested in other options, as well. Thanks.
  3. Keystoner16

What's the quietest aftermarket exhaust.

Hello. I am wanting to replace my stock exhaust with something a little bigger, but do not want it to be particularly loud. If I could install a bigger exhaust and keep stock noise levels I would consider that ideal. I guess I'm stupid. Anyway, what is the quietest setup that I could run...
  4. Keystoner16

2011 Golf TDI (CJAA) EGT code

Hello, I have the following codes on my 2011 Golf TDI 2 Faults Found: 008194 - Particulate Trap Bank 1 P2002 - 007 - Efficiency Below Threshold - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100111 Fault Priority: 2...
  5. Keystoner16

2004 Golf PD Crank/No Start & Spotty comms with VCDS

Hello. Looking for insights on a situation that developed today with my 2004 Golf GLS TDI. First the back story> The car had a 2 year old Interstate AGM battery in it. During the near 0 degree temps we saw here over Christmas the battery was not able to crank the engine sufficiently as to enable...
  6. Keystoner16

Question regarding Kerma PD Head studs

Recently, I purchased a set of PD head studs from Kerma TDI, and was surprised that the kit did not include washers. The site claims that these head studs are a "Kerma Exclusive", however I would be surprised if they were not identical to kit ID Parts is offering. The kit on ID parts clearly...
  7. Keystoner16

PROJECT: Golf TDI track car build

Hello. I have a 2004 Golf GLS TDI that I have decided to turn into a track car. I have already driven the car in 3 track days (2 at PIR in Portland, OR, and 1 at ORP in Grass Valley, OR) The car was mostly stock for all of these save the the last one, and felt much better than I was expecting. I...
  8. Keystoner16

Torsion value adjustment after head gasket and turbo change

Hello. Recently I replaced the head gasket on my 2004 BEW engine. The engine was fitted with a 3 hole gasket and that is what I installed. I also installed a VNT-17 turbo charger at the same time. Because the timing belt and related components have less than 10,000 on them, they were re used...
  9. Keystoner16

02M swap into MK4 Golf PD

Hello, I have been leaning more and more towards building my 04 Golf to be a track car. I have done some reading and it seems there have been a few TDI race cars in the past, including at least one MK4 Golf with a PD engine. I notice that most of the spec sheets list the cars as having 6 speed...
  10. Keystoner16

Aftermarket gauge installation

Hello. I have just placed an order for most of the gauges I plan to install on my 2004 VW Golf (BEW) I am planning on EGT, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Boost Pressure, and Voltmeter. For the boost and voltmeter, I think I can figure it out. However, I some questions regarding the others. For EGT...
  11. Keystoner16

0 - 60 times PD TDI

I did some 0-60 runs using the acceleration tracker in VCDS this evening. Not as bad as I thought, although the 1/4 mile was a bit poor. 2004 Golf GLS, BEW engine code, EUH 5 spd trans. Approx 267, 000 miles. Vehicle is stock. 0 to 60 mph: 11.1 +- 0.54s 1/4 mile: 18.0 +- 0.54s, @74 mph...
  12. Keystoner16

Long crank - BEW engine

I have a 2004 VW Golf GLS with a BEW TDI. Recently, it has developed a long crank condition when starting in the morning. Typically, the engine will fire, then immediately die, and will require long cranking before finally firing again. After the engine finally starts, it can the be shut off and...