Search results

1. theaterlightman

Mpg help getting 35 mpg 04 bew 5mt

Do you think a piece of carbon buildup could have broken off to hit the o2 sensor? And my gage for the turbo pressure is installed right before the intake hose on the plastic piping on top by the coolant reservoir.
  2. theaterlightman

On a side note i just did a capet swap from a jetta and had my headliner redone, it was leaking through the windshield water drain because of muck buildup, i had my sunroof seals sealed with rtv while it was opened up.
  3. theaterlightman

Btw im at 235k miles, i had a 32 mile each way commute for 3 years and drive to cali 5-10 times a year.
  4. theaterlightman

The vnt17 was installed by the previous owner at 160k miles he claimed when he had the car it would get 45-50. The old stock turbo ran away but they saved the motor, when i got it i had it retuned for having the vnt17 with a two bar map added, the guy at the shop said it would make it run...
  5. theaterlightman

How fast should oil build up in the intercooler? I remember there was some when i installed the turbo outlet hose.
  6. theaterlightman

Check engine and 32mpg normally 40

Bump please i did change out maf and o2 sensor
  7. theaterlightman

Also also the car once in awhile will sound like its missing and studder and be fine. Only when im crusing at hwy speeds, or sometimes climbing a hill at 60-70mph. Im guessing its because of a bad fuel/air mix. Car in general drives good and has no power loss going up hills even. Its more peppy...
  8. theaterlightman

It also has an upgraded cam fyi
  9. theaterlightman

So over the last few months I have been getting 35 mpg on b20, i go to about 1/4 a tank and fill, calculate milage manually. Including a 600 mile trip to cali i regularly do. I have a new bosch maf, and 02 sensor (bought at reputable store) new fuel filter and getting a code saying 02 senor is...
  10. theaterlightman

BEW with 18628/p2196 02 sensor too rich

https://imgur.com/a/pMrGWMd
  11. theaterlightman

Im getting similar problems
  12. theaterlightman

So im getting one with too rich, its reading 1.5-2 when accelerating but 15-20 when decelerating. Same amount of power. Just replaced egr, fuel filter. Getting 32mpg instead of my normal 40
  13. theaterlightman

https://imgur.com/a/sUvCQMG Photos of vdcs scan and old vs new egr
  14. theaterlightman

Also cam was already replaced, turbo, vnt17 was added at 160k miles, currently 223k 5 speed mt with new synchros. Ran on b100 70k- 160k miles of its life. New axles at 163k miles and tune done at 180k miles. I drive low rpms but dont lug, and have a spirited drive on payday (every other week)
  15. theaterlightman

My tdi is experiencing low fuel economy, 32 mpg in the past ive gotten 40mpg with a 2 bar map and vnt17 turbo. Ive gotten a check engine light with intermittent excess fuel in the exhost and when i looked at my egr it was gunked up so i cleaned it. I was wondering if my problem a dirty intake or...
  16. theaterlightman

Fuel economy - what am I doing wrong?

Poor fuel economy My tdi is experiencing low fuel economy, 32 mpg in the past ive gotten 40mpg with a 2 bar map and vnt17 turbo. Ive gotten a check engine light with intermittent excess fuel in the exhost and when i looked at my egr it was gunked up so i cleaned it. I was wondering if my...