Search results

1. S

2nd turbo changed

I recently had an oil leak signaling my dashboard light to go on. I took it to the dealer. I recently had the turbo changed out a year ago, less than 7k miles on it. My car had 102,000 miles and failed again at 109,000. I was told the turbo replacement was a used turbo and that I had been...
  2. S

Passat TDI (2012-2014) over 80mph post fix

I recently had a replay with this same issue in the Texas heat. Luckily I had my OBD eleven with me and cleared code. But after 100 miles my engine light would come on telling me to put in more DEF or would not restart after 200 miles. I got back home and need to repeat the drive closer to home...
  3. S

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Miles on the car at failure: 102,000 Build date: 6/2013 Corrective actions from the dealership: replaced turbo Outside air temps at failure: 70 degrees Failure warning signs, if any: none, instant loss of power Warning lights on dash/MFI: glow plug Problems since replacement: n/a Repair time: 4...
  4. S

2015 passat...flashing glow plug and CEL and limp mode??

I had a similar problem with my 2013 passat. My turbo went out about 102,000 miles went into limp mode while the glow plug light flashing with high pitched noise. Had turbo changed out for free under warranty. To check repair made they checked compression and stripped the threads so go a new...
  5. S

2014 TDI SEL Premium - No Heat

Saw a video on youtube about a (thermistor) sensor not working. A guy was having the same issue you are talking about.