Search results

1. johnnloki

I know its the wrong spot...but who has mk4 goodies they want to sell :)

Nope. Selling a BEW in Bowmanville that needs some love, though. She's been sitting for 8 months. If you want to come kick the tires, you might put a hole in them, but you're welcome to check it out.
  2. johnnloki

Toronto Area 2004 Golf under 300k kms, accident free

For Sale- my winter ride, Hilda (sniff sniff). Silver 2004 Golf TDI The good: Accident free. Less than 300k kms, skid plate, steel oil pan, roof racks, shine racing suspension with Koni FSDs, 20AE/GLI/TT front and rear brakes, rust free front fenders, frostheater, malone 1+ tune. This one had...
  3. johnnloki

Hard to find garages if you supply the parts

This. A timing belt is not something to cheap out on. Timing belts, oil, tires, brakes. All too important to skimp out on
  4. johnnloki

Rear tail lights not working

It's about a 50/50 of finding a Mk4 with all 4 corners of the car being lit. I think mine consumes headlights as a fuel source, that's why it gets such great fuel economy... hahah.
  5. johnnloki

job change - working from home...

Only problem I see is having an entire winter where the engine fully warms the oil up to temp 1 or 2 times. Less concerned about yours than hers- That 3.0 Q7... does it have that full decade Emissions fix warranty? Only doing 6@10km trips a week when it's -15 degrees and below... I would...
  6. johnnloki

Sad but true.

I think what you say does sum it up for a lot of people. Fuel economy of my GTI is closer. Power delivery style is much closer (and overall power is greater). Thanks to the DG scandal the looks that I get from strangers and even some of the neighbours during those deep freeze cold starts...
  7. johnnloki

2015 TDI Tuning Options?

Has anybody released an advanced tuning box, like the Burger Motorsports JB1/JB4 for Mk7 EA888 (and BMWs)? Flashing a 2015 TDI back to stock will still result in problems with future warranty claims due to the flash count not matching the expected number of flashes. (I'm not sure how far back...
  8. johnnloki

Best cold air intake

"I don't want to void my warranty. Help me pick a not OEM quality part which will absolutely allow more debris into my turbo and engine. I know all about Diesels- I have a Duramacks" You win the best comment prize.
  9. johnnloki

1400 miles (2254 km.) on 1 tank!!

If there's any thread that should be stickied in the fuel economy forum, it's this one.
  10. johnnloki

Of course, any problem/code with the word "camshaft" in my PD TDI has been what I've been worried about for years... The code, which doesn't throw a CEL is "No Signal". Cleared the code, generally comes back immediately, but not always. The power/boost issue was there for two days, but...
  11. johnnloki

12. johnnloki

Anybody know why the price of diesel seems so high these days?

The current 20% price delta in favor of Unleaded Gas over Diesel really shrinks the approximate 25% fuel economy advantage of diesel over gas. I remember the early to mid 2000s, back before diesel got the price or tax bump up to near parity with RUG... It was around a 25% delta in diesel`s...
  13. johnnloki

Wretched Resale

As a Mk4 TDI owner, a Mk7 GTI owner and a Chevy Volt owner, I'm far more excited by the coming VW ID line up than anything Tesla's got, or almost any other pending EV. On TDI resale values, while the TDI you just bought might feel `new`, it is almost 4 years old and probably wont evolve for...
  14. johnnloki

Electric vehicles (EVs), their emissions, and future viability

Take another look at more of the car seat install reviews on that very site. You'll find the majority of vehicles get almost all "A"s. Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
  15. johnnloki

Electric vehicles (EVs), their emissions, and future viability

The Model 3's back seats are unfortunately not that great for car seats and forward facing boosters. A very short sighted design choice. My household has a Volt. While it's great in a lot of ways, in other ways it's still painfully "Chevy".
  16. johnnloki

Subject: Where was Your Favorite Road Trip?

Found some pics. Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
  17. johnnloki

Buying prevously tuned 15 Golf

That should be covered, I think. Problems arise when turbos go, engine or drivetrain components fail. If your radio goes on the fritz, VWOA will not argue that the tune did that.
  18. johnnloki

Big turbo mk7s?

Perfect- I will be following your progress for sure!
  19. johnnloki

Big turbo mk7s?

I always took pride in knowing that my TDI kept pace/surpassed the GTIs of her day. The GTIs came a long way over 12 years, though. Yeah, 6 or 7k USD puts the Mk7 GTI north of 400HP. So, I guess that much would not put the 2015 TDI up to ~300HP range. Side note, did you fall in love with...
  20. johnnloki

Subject: Where was Your Favorite Road Trip?

Drove from Bowmanville Ontario to North Myrtle Beach, with a great detour...Waynesboro to Roanoke on the Blue Ridge Parkway, two years ago in my Mk4. It was a super mild winter in late February, so the conditions were great, but the road was mostly empty. Best drive ever. Had 1500km on my...