Search results

1. L

2013 Passat SEL TDI shudder when cold

Same. Exact. Issue. 2012 Passat 134k. Shudder happened pretty consistent on cold starts in cold weather on acceleration until car got to normal temp. Eventually threw a P1004 code - Cylinder 1. Cleared code & reset the injectors, which seemed to have worked...... for a few hundred miles. Ha...
  2. L

P204F00 fault, VW has no fix!

Well, I got the P204F Code and 200 Mile N/S Warning yesterday morning. No Start disappeared on the drive home & I cleared the code when I got home. Ironically, this occurred the day after I changed the oil filter housing.. Related? Id like to think so, but who the hell knows. 128k on the car. I...
  3. L

Coolant leak

I had checked in on my warranty before I started this filter housing replacement. Funny thing is, I have 128k on my car and my warranty expired at 120k. This is just my typical luck. That will be my next project I believe. A little trimmage and some tuning... Time to do some research on that. If...
  4. L

Coolant leak

Thanks for the video Doug, got mine completed yesterday. Only had to get intercooler and fans out yesterday and then the housing was very easily accessible. Came out with no issues. There is a (coolant?) pipe that runs directly in front of the oil cooler that can hinder access but I had access...
  5. L

Coolant leak

I did manage to get the hose clamp on the driver side removed using exactly that, a long needle nose, I came in from where the air filter housing would sit, of course that was not in place. It really only costed me a skinned up knuckle, little blood shed ha! Dont recall if there is another hose...
  6. L

Coolant leak

I actually looked at this forum and apparently didn't read it thoroughly... haha thank you!!
  7. L

Coolant leak

Awe man that sucks... I will try to send something at some point but I for sure won't get to mine until Sunday midday. Every YouTube video I've come across, motor components are slightly different than the 2012. Some say remove fans, some say remove throttle body... etc... thanks man!
  8. L

Coolant leak

Started disassembling my Passat on Wednesday but didnt have a whole lot of time. Got most of the hoses disconnected I believe. For those who have completed this on the 2012 Passat, did the entire intercooler have to be removed or just loosened? The triple squares are buried in there at a weird...
  9. L

Coolant leak

Well gents, I believe my 2012 w/128k miles has been suffering from the seals going bad. Last year on a really cold start (-20F), I noticed a small puddle of oil under the car, did my R&D and came across the threads mentioning these seals failing in really cold weather. Only happened once, but I...