Search results

1. T

CP4 Pump Recall/Litigation

Hello all, As many folks are aware, the CP4 pump has a problematic design which can lead to some serious damage to folks’ fuel systems. Something I have noticed is that there is quite a bit of litigation in the US against companies like Nissan, GM, Ford and FCA as well as recalls like the one...
  2. T

Suspension rebuild Video

Hey all, I am planning to overhaul the suspension on my Passat soon and came across this very detailed video of a Skoda Superb getting an entire suspension rebuild (except for front springs), motor mounts replaced, some rust repair and brake caliper rebuild that is very well done. It’s also...
  3. T

CVCA/CRUA Crank Position Sensor

Brand new OEM, went to go replace it and realized I was in over my head to try to do this on my own. 04L906433B https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ahqhruzcn019ph69vjt53/Photo-Mar-02-2024-2-31-19-PM.jpg?rlkey=cz2ycfmfbbccpu4lkyaia9osj&dl=0 $60 shipped. link below to what it is...
  4. T

Getting an NMS on four jackstands

Hi all, Planning to do a DSG service and change out front sway bar links as they are making a clunking sound. I have a trolley jack and I am debating the best way to get the car up on all four jack stands. My plan is to place one at each on the pinch welds. In the past with my MK6 Golf and MK4...
  5. T

Dealer replacing DPF

Hi all, been having the DPF frequency issue for a while. Checked for blockages in the lines that connect to the DPF pressure differential sensors and everything was fine. Dealer replaced both DPF pressure sensors and still had the issue. On some long drives the light went off but came back in...
  6. T

Engine swap after 60K past timing belt interval

Found this really good article about an engine swap after a 15 Jetta went 60,000 miles past the timing belt interval: https://www.thedrive.com/guides-and-gear/replacing-my-2015-volkswagen-jetta-diesels-engine-almost-defeated-me
  7. T

FS: 18" Bristol OEM 12-15 Passat TDI Wheels $375

Hi, I have a set of 18" OEM wheels from my 2015 Passat TDI SEL. The wheels have some curb rash and are mounted to Pirelli P7's that are down to the wear bars and need to be replaced. Selling the wheels because I switched over to 16" wheels. I am located in D.C. but I am planning to take the...
  8. T

Going from 18" to 16" Wheels

Hello, Instead of buying new tires for my stock 18" wheels, I decided to switch to 16" wheels for comfort and cheaper tire prices. I'm wondering if anyone knows what PSI they should be kept at? Thanks!
  9. T

P2459 Issue

First CEL of owning and it's this code. I recently did a road trip with about 700+ pounds of stuff in the trunk/back seats and a bike rack on the hitch with two bikes and moved to DC. The only driving since unloading the car has been a max 20 minute drive in mostly urban stop and go. Heard the...
  10. T

Used 2002 Volkswagen Golf GL TDI with 54 (54!) MILES

Not mine nor am I affiliated but thoughts? Link says unavailable but if you click it, it works...
  11. T

Low Profile Head rests

Does anyone have these on their NMS? Below is a shot from a Golf R with a low profile headrest on the left... but basically I was thinking of switching to low profile ones, i.e. 06-08 A4 headrests but unsure of the fitment. I want a little more visability out of the rear window
  12. T

'15 Oil Consumption

Hi, I've tried to do a bit of research but posting but I was wondering where under the hood I can poke around to see if I can diagnose an oil consumption issue. I have owned the car since 9/19, bought used with 73K and I am coming upon 110K. Regular maintenance done and no issues so far but I...
  13. T

Towing Question

Hello all, I recently installed a trailer hitch and wiring on my 2015 Passat TDI DSG. I have already read through the debate of whether or not to tow with a DSG, etc. I am planning to tow a 5x8 U-Haul trailer which weighs 900 pounds empty; it will likely have about 500-600 pounds in it and the...
  14. T

Quick technical question

Looking at a TDI for sale at a dealer nearby. However what is this loose hose? I