Search results

1. B

Another Cruise Control thread...

Issue resolved. Turned out to be a blown fuse in the fuse panel located on the driver's side end of the dash, circuit #5 if I recall correctly.
  2. B

No cruise control

Do you have a BRAKE indicator light illuminated in the instrument panel (when the parking brake is not engaged)?
  3. B

2001 ALH -How can I manually fire the glow plugs?

One could also just use a momentary switch to energize the relay. Only as long as the switch is pressed, will power be applied to the relay. No chance of forgetting and leaving it on...
  4. B

Yes, absolutely! Just realized my preferences weren't set to notify me via email of any message...

Yes, absolutely! Just realized my preferences weren't set to notify me via email of any message responses. Heading to PayPal now.
  5. B

FS 2001 VW Jetta TDI MK4 parts

Do you still have the 11mm and/or 10mm injection pumps? How about the injectors also? Looking to purchase ASAP. If you still have these items, send me a PayPal invoice at batmanntexas@gmail.com Thanks, Scott
  6. B

Thanks for that info. Brake fluid level is fine, E-Brake is off, however the BRAKE light still remains illuminated --> and the cruise will not work. I have looked at the schematics in my Bentley manual, but they are of little help in my opinion, at least with this issue. Hopefully, someone...
  7. B

Ok, so it's been a minute since I posted the initial thread. UPDATE: I checked the grounds underneath the battery, there were a two groups. They were solidly attached, didn't appear to be corroded, but I removed them anyway, cleaned the metal, cleaned all the ring terminals, and then...
  8. B

New mass air flow sensor?

So, is there a thought as to why my actual is much higher than commanded? When I bought it, the MAF was bad, it read 189g/s all the time, never changed. I was also getting a code that said MAF was shorted to B+. I replaced it with a new one, and now my VCDS shows actual is higher than...
  9. B

@Rob - thanks for the Wikipedia link. I have a MKIV Jetta!
  10. B

The door tag says 01/99, so I'm guessing it is a MKIII? Scott
  11. B

Thanks, Vince. I'll check the ground(s) and report back.
  12. B

VAG-COM List (another list)

How do I get added to the list? I have a HEX-V2. -Scott
  13. B

Hello all! I have a 1999 Jetta, purchased it about 6 weeks ago. It has 229K miles on the ODO. I have steadily been making repairs and fixing small issues with it. Recently, within the past week, the BRAKE light illuminated in the instrument cluster (same light that illuminates when you pull...
  14. B

New mass air flow sensor?

What if your actual is higher than your requested? Get a new MAF?
  15. B

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Hello everybody! I just purchased a 1999 Jetta TDI, 5 speed. Car has seen some rough times, but she's in good hands now. Currently, she has 228K miles on the odometer. I have no idea about it's past maintenance life, other than there probably was a lack of it. One of the shifter cables was...