Search results

1. A

FS - 2014 BMW 328d xdrive Wagon, New Jersey

2014 BMW 328 xdrive Wagon. Delivered July 2014. Mileage 88,000. Car located in Randolph, NJ Color. Mineral Gray Metallic, Interior Coral Red Leather. Sport Line with sport seats. Cold weather package with heated seats, heated steering wheel, headlight washers. Driver Assistance Package with...
  2. A

NJ Diesel Tax Increasing

For New Jersey drivers and those out of state drivers passing through, December 31 is the last day for cheaper diesel fuel in New Jersey. On January 1, 2017 the diesel road tax will increase 27 cents per gallon. On November 1 the gasoline road tax increased 23 cents per gallon. On July 1, 2017...
  3. A

RIP Diesel - You're a Hero

The French Police dog killed in the siege last week in St. Denis France was a bomb sniffing Belgian Malinois named Diesel. Diesel was killed instantly when the suicide bomber blew herself up. See the story here...
  4. A

Happy Birthday Car

Yesterday, my 2001 Jetta GLS TDI was 13 years old. It has 273,000+ miles. The IP was resealed 10 days ago by Jeff Robertson, and the car is running great. I plan to keep the car another 3 years or so at which time it will have about 350,000 miles on it. At that time it will need a new timing...
  5. A

To the Moon and back?

Coinciding with the passing this past weekend of the first man on the Moon, Neil Armstrong, my 2001 Jetta TDI passed 239,000 miles on the odometer. That's about the average distance between the Earth and Moon. But unlike the crew of Apollo 11, I don't plan to ride it the whole way back to...
  6. A

100,000th Member

I see this club is only about 250 members shy of 100,000. While active membership keeps around 20,000, it's hard to believe that since I joined in June 2001, 95,000 others have followed. Fred this has been a great site and full of a wealth of information. The money the site has saved me has been...
  7. A

Ten Years After

My 2001 Jetta TDI GLS sedan is ten years old today. I am as thrilled today with the purchase as I was in February 2001 when the contract was signed and a deposit placed. My only regret is the black leather interior - I wish I had the grey leather, but at that time I was pleased that they had two...
  8. A

Phillips XtremePower Bulbs on sale at Strauss Auto

For those of you in the greater NYC area, Strauss Auto has a sale on Phillips XtremePower headlight bulbs - a two pack for $32.99 plus there's a $10 manufacturer's rebate. The offer is thru this Saturday December 4. They carry the popular headlight sizes such as 9007, H4 and H7.
  9. A

New Jersey Motor Vehicle Inspections

This past August 1, New Jersey changed its Motor Vehicle Inspections to an emission only inspection. I took my parent's 1994 Toyota Camry for inspection a few weeks ago, and I inquired about inspection for diesels. For VW Diesels with OBD II they will hook the vehicle up to their computer and...
  10. A

Plastic Film Headlight Covers, Lamin-x or Weathertech

Anybody ever use plastic headlight cover film sold by Weathertech? It is also sold through Drivewire. I was looking at precut clear Lamin-x film for my 2001 Jetta headlights once I polish the yellow out. Their film is 20 mil thick and Lamin-x also sells a liquid UV inhibitor that they...
  11. A

Ground Locations

I need to ground a terminal from an aftermarket radio. I am looking for a ground other than the radio connector for a 2002 Jetta MKIV TDI wagon. The Bentley manual show ground locations inside the vehicle as ground 42 above the driver's footwell to left of pedal cluster and ground 49 on the...
  12. A

E code city light replacement, Jetta MKIV

I found Gewilli's pdf tutorial for the city light replacement on e-codes for an MKIV Golf, but I'm looking for info on city light replacement on Jetta MKIV ecodes. Is it similar to the Golf MKIV ecodes?
  13. A

Hella e-code, fog light lense

Last year I installed Hella e-codes with integrated driving/fog lights in my 2001 Jetta TDI sedan. Does anyone know if the lense for just the fog light is glass or plastic? I know the lense for the whole headlight is plastic, but I'm just interested in the fog light. I was looking at H3...
  14. A

Power Service, New Bottles

I noticed in WalMart the other day that the "large" bottle of Power Service both Diesel Kleen (gray) and Fuel Supplement (white) are reduced to 80 oz. vs 96 oz before. Unfortunately the price didn't go down proportionately if it went down at all.:(
  15. A

E-codes, 1 year later

I've had my Hella e-codes in my 2001 Jetta for about a year now. Club member Hevster1 wired them up for me with relay switch and wiring for front fogs and rear fog light and Euroswitch to activate them. Last night with headlights on, I pull behind a car and noticed my yellow parking/turn...
  16. A

MB E320 Bluetec

I spotted by first Mercedes Benz E320 Bluetec today on I 287 southbound in Bridgewater, NJ. I was just south of the interchange with I 78. As I approached it I thought with the amount of logo on the right of the trunk that it would be a 4 Matic. But when I got closer it said BLUETEC.
  17. A

Engine Mount Alignment

I'm looking for a diagram that gives the passenger side engine mount alignment dimensions. I had it four years ago at 60k timing belt replacement, but now when I access a thread started by GeWilli on 12/09/03 called Timing belt Class 401 I can't access the diagram. It may be on Bentley CD but I...
  18. A

Engine Mount Alignment and Timing Belt Replacement

When I replaced by timing belt 4 years ago at 60k miles I found a thread started by GeWilli on 12/09/08 called Timing belt class 401 where he talked about alignment dimensions for the passenger side motor mount. Unfortunately now when I bring up that thread I can't access the diagram. HermTDI...
  19. A

Glove Box Light

I have a 2001 Jetta sedan. My glove box light stays on whenever the ignition is on. Where's the switch for this light and what activates it? Thanks.
  20. A

Lower Control Arm Bolts

Are the two stretch bolts with nuts that mount the lower control arm to the subframe the same? One goes through the rear bushing and the other through the front bushing. Thanks.