Search results

1. lost1wing

What is a 2000 TDI worth now days?

I didn't want to put this in the "for sale" list here or any where else. I had a friend pass away that shared an interest in VW TDI's. The bulk of the fleet are rebuilt titles and a few are still salvage titles. Only two have regular titles. My friends wife has no interest in the cars. These...
  2. lost1wing

Effects of the shim dropping

Effects of the shim dropping during a pump head seal replacement., what are they and how can I tell? My friend changed the two upper orange due to leaking when cold. He decided to also change the head seal while he was at it. He drove the car 5 miles until it shut down on it's own. He could...
  3. lost1wing

Starting stumble no start unless throttle depressed.

2000 Jetta with new timing belt started out fine. After driving 100 miles, it started to develope a bit of slow down shutter. I found the IQ at 2.2. Raised it to 3.5 and the shutter went away. Trying to restart it was difficult if at all possible. I found that it would light off, stumble and...
  4. lost1wing

5 speed differential bearings

Got an 03 auto car. A friend said he could fix it cheap. 1200 later no working auto transmission. Bought a salvage car for a 5 speed swap. Car was too good to part out. Bought another salvage car to repair both. Got one back on the road but the second 5 speed axles flanges are loose radially...
  5. lost1wing

Strange throttle surge or bucking

I have been trying to find the cause of this engine surge at 1100 rpms to 1300 rpms. It is happening at low rpms and low power demands. It will happen in any gear. Things that I have tried are: tps, map, maf and turbo unplugged. Disconnected IC pipe at egr same issue. Intake is clean. Air box...
  6. lost1wing

Timing belt chirp

Just a few weeks after giving my son my 03 TDI Jetta, the timing belt started to chirp. The belt, tensioner, pump and idlers have 44k miles on them since the TB change, that I did. I removed the upper cover and found red dust every where. I believe something is failing. The car is in the...
  7. lost1wing

Gave my TDI away.

Not really. I gave it to my son. He learned to drive in it and he really enjoys the TDI. It is now has 276,000 miles and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. I wish I had a second ALH TDI.
  8. lost1wing

Vcds 01330

After repairing my headliner, my windows will not move, the car won't lock and no interior lights work. With the headliner out, the car was driven by my daughter on a short trip. She told me she was getting a dinging sound and all the above. Now I have a fault code of 01330 central control...
  9. lost1wing

97 AHU Jetta cold start valve

While helping out someone with my vcds, I noticed the cold start valve cycling between 55 to 80 every 10 sec. in basic settings. start of injection cycled along with it from 4 - 7.8 btdc. Timing is okay, looking at the graph, at 62-65. This doesn't seem normal to me. Anyone have any ideas...
  10. lost1wing

TTY engine mount to bracket bolts.

Maybe I never understood TTY bolts, but today I torqued my engine mount to bracket bolts to torque plus 1/4 turn. The torque felt like it gave away just when I reached the end of the 1/4 turn on the first bolt. The second bolt never got easy just like the first one. The torque was increasing...
  11. lost1wing

Dash Blanked for a few minutes?

My LCD displays (odometer and clock) blanked for a few minutes today. I pushed in the trip meter reset and it started coming back to life. The clock had the number 74 displayed and the odometer had a backward E and the word service displayed where kms/miles would be displayed. A few moments...
  12. lost1wing

Bora in Sun Prairie WI (Blue)

I saw a Blue Bora (Jetta) on I-94 westbound. 1(xxx)tdi was the plate I think. Anyway, Nice ride you have.
  13. lost1wing

Kennesaw Georgia

I meet guy in my neighborhood with a silver 2006 Jetta TDI. We talked for a while and I told him about the TDICLUB. I hope to see him here. I also saw a black 1998 Jetta with a roof rack on I-75 at the Chastain Rd. exit. He gave me the turbo wave as we went our separate ways.
  14. lost1wing

Wasilla Alaska

I meet a fireman in Wasilla Alaska who has a 2004(?) TDI Jetta. I told him about this site. [image]http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll141/lost1wing/Alaska%20Road%20Trip/8%20Wasilla%20AK/?action=view&current=090.jpg[image]
  15. lost1wing

Atlanta Georgia to Alaska

I really shouldn't be posting this on the TDI site, buy this site inspired the trip to Alaska. I had planned on taking my Jetta, but it's not big enough to fit 5 people and a dog. I could tow my trailer for the camping gear, but the passenger area is on the small side. So at $4.00 per US/gal, I...
  16. lost1wing

SKC 2003 Jetta Question

I was just going through my Jetta paperwork and I found a piece of paper with the build list on it. It is a peel off sticker type of build list. There is also another separate sticker along with the build list. The number on this sticker is seven digits long followed by an equal sign and the...
  17. lost1wing

Lock bolts, Caps and Key OEM 2003 Jetta

I have a set of lock bolts, caps and key from my 2003 GLS Jetta that I no longer need. All are in good condition. $10.00 plus what ever the shipping will be. Tim http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/3829/medium/Jetta_Bolts.jpg
  18. lost1wing

I-65 and I-94 Nov 14, 2007

I saw a grey Jetta TDI with two bikes on a bike rack. http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=40103
  19. lost1wing

Poor fuel economy - Engine not warm

I was helping a friend with his 2000 NB TDI 5-speed. His only complaint is the 40MPG he is getting. I checked his timing and it is in the range but on the retarded side, but the vag-com shows "engine not warm enough". We took the car for a ride but the coolant temp value never dropped below 80...
  20. lost1wing

Planning a road trip Atlanta to Shiocton,WI

I'm getting ready for my annual road trip to Shiocton, WI for deer season. Check list: Timing Belt - Done Oil Change --Done Coolant Change - Done Manual gearbox - Changed fluid to redline oil. Brakes - New front and back Brake Fluid Change - Now the brake fluid is changed and clutch bled...