Search results

1. MikeH31324

Intermittent No Start. No Glow Plugs.

I have been having an intermittent no start issue for the last few months. When this occurs, the engine wI’ll crank over but not fire. If I don’t cycle the key off, and just try to crank the engine again, I sometimes get a whole bunch of faults on the instrument cluster and MFD such as...
  2. MikeH31324

Low mileage turbo failure

My car has 85k miles on it and when I put it up on jack stands yesterday to do a suspension refresh I saw a lot of oily film in the belly pan. When I dropped the belly pan and started looking for the oil leak i could see where oil was seeping out from my EGR race pipe where it mates to the...
  3. MikeH31324

WTB 2micron timing belt protector

Looking to see if anyone has one of those machined aluminum timing belt protector guards they would be willing to part with.
  4. MikeH31324

02Q 6 Speed Manual Fluid Type

I have searched for hours and have not found a definitive answer on the type of fluid the six speed manual requires. Found lots of contradictory information and personal recommendations but no official spec that I could find from VW. Anyone know what the correct spec is?
  5. MikeH31324

Need a clutch that will survive with a stage 2 tune

A few months ago I started noticing intermittent issues with my clutch. Sometimes it would engage immediately as soon as the clutch pedal started to be released from the fully depressed position. Other times it would seem grabby, and sometimes it would shudder as if it was engaging too slowly...
  6. MikeH31324

Moly additive in 2012 6 speed manual transmission?

Has anyone run a moly additive such as Liqui Moly MoS2 in their MK6 manual transmission? I cannot find any information regarding the compatibility and effect it would have on the syncronizers.
  7. MikeH31324

WTB: 2Micron Filter Kit MK6 Golf

Looking for a 2micron filter kit for my new to be low mileage Golf. Planning on keeping the car for the long haul so I would like to get this done.
  8. MikeH31324

Factory Repair Manual

Where can I find a copy of the VW OEM repair manual for my 2012 Golf TDI? I have searched threads and searched the internet and have not found a copy yet. Some websites claim to have copies, but when you try to download the files they do not open. I am willing to pay for this data if need be.
  9. MikeH31324

Non-panoramic sun roof issues?

I am just a few weeks out from purchasing a TDI Golf or Jetta. I would prefer a Manual transmission Golf with no sunroof but I would not be opposed to a really nice car with a standard sun roof. Not interested in a JSW. My question is: Do the standard sun roofs in the Golfs have a history of...