Search results

1. Porch

Farewell for now, tdiclub!

Just sold the JSW. Drove it from 87k to 235k miles, and on a recent work trip to colorado, with a little too much money in my pocket and probably too many post-work beers in my belly, I bought a bmw 530xi wagon with a 6 speed manual transmission, in Atlanta, sight unseen, like a real live...
  2. Porch

Quality, durable a/c compressor clutch for mk6 cars

I just bought a refurbished(I know) ac compressor a week ago, clutch bearing blew out in a week. I had already bought a clutch from same company and hadn't returned it yet when I bought the compressor, so installed that, and all is good for now. But the clutch I just installed is the same as...
  3. Porch

Fender liner

Where's the best place online to get a front fender liner for an mk6 jetta? Please Don't say dealership, thanks. The 5 zip tie stitches are not stopping the rattling anymore...
  4. Porch

Anyone want a winter front?

I have a winter front I made myself for the lower grill of my sportwagen, it's black, fits well, but during the recent cold snap, my car didn't agree with it after the temp got above 20f. For what it's worth, my car is deleted and tuned, if that has anything to do with anything. I'll let it go...
  5. Porch

How to drain coolant CJAA engine

Surely there's a drain? About to install a frost heater, and would rather avoid the "spill coolant all over the place" method. I have a fluid extractor that's pretty clean but it's been used for oil previously, so I don't know if I wanna stick it in my cooling system...
  6. Porch

Got the high flow cat

So, recently did the rawtek dpf/EGR delete, malone stage 1 tune, no resonator or cat, straight pipe back to the factory muffler. The gains in drivability, performance, and mpg were fantastic. But the smell was revolting. Like, unbearable. Couldn't drive with the windows down, couldn't open the...
  7. Porch

Malone stage 1/rawtek dpf/egr delete review!

Finally got it done! Been driving the car for a couple days now, here are my first impressions- Background - 2011 JSW TDI 6SP, 193K miles Bought car with 87k, right after its dieselgate fix, so it had the full extended emissions warranty(54k mi.) Parts replaced under emissions warranty: 4 glow...
  8. Porch

Malone stage 1/rawtek dpf delete review?

Can anyone share their experience with a rawtek dpf/egr delete and malone stage 1 tune? Searching the internet, I can't find any reviews of that setup. Am I the only person in the world going with this combo? (Currently waiting on parts so it hasn't happened yet) In any case, I'm pretty excited...
  9. Porch

Timing belt w/HPFP replacement

Having my HPFP and associated parts replaced at an independent vw shop in Bellingham, wa. Would it be dumb not to also replace the timing belt while they're in there, even if it's not due for 50k more miles?
  10. Porch

Minor electrical problem

Car: 2011 JSW TDI 6sp My center instrument display between the tach and speedo went dim a while ago. For a while it would reliably light up at some point every day, then it went dim for about a year. Display still there, just not lit up. Fast forward to this summer, moved to central CA, A/C had...
  11. Porch

Wires hanging below car

So... I did some dirt-roading in my non-lifted JSW, and I straddled a rock or something and it peeled back a piece of heat reflector(very little), and grabbed 2 wires and pulled them down under the car to where now they're hanging like a loop waiting to catch something and get ripped out...
  12. Porch

Mystery noise!

I'm having a strange noise in my 6spd JSW- in first and second gear, when I lift off the throttle but am still in gear, there's a pretty lame sounding grumbling noise. Goes away as soon as I touch the throttle or the clutch. Car runs and drives fine otherwise. Any ideas?
  13. Porch

So, they're replacing my cylinder head now...

I just spent 19 days at vw of boulder, co waiting for an intercooler repair kit and ecu wiring harness replacement under warranty. When i got the car back, it had a CEL which they said was for glow plugs. they recommended all the plugs replaced, but that "2 of them were rounded off and not able...
  14. Porch

Cabin air temp sensor location

Hi guys, was wondering where the cabin air temp sensor is located in a 2011 JSW tdi. They're relatively cheap so I want to try replacing it to see if it helps my a/c before I go with the much more likely compressor replacement. Side question- are all the a/c compressors the same across the mk6...
  15. Porch

warranty intake manifold replacement

so, brought my 2011 JSW to a vw dealership to regen the dpf, couldn't do it myself because there was a CEL for a 2015 code(tried to clear code and regen,no luck). vw said to execute the warranty to a tee, they had to replace entire intake manifold and dpf. i said "ok". they gave me a 2019 atlas...
  16. Porch

2011 JSW pano sunroof water woes

so i have a 2011 jsw with the pano sunroof. before driving from north carolina to western washington state, i made sure to fix the sunroof drain issue by flossing the hoses and snipping off all 4 of the dumb nipples at the bottom of the hoses, because it's very rainy in nw washington in the...
  17. Porch

Sno-seal on rubber trim?

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if you can use Sno seal on pieces of trim on your car? I'm only asking because I have Sno seal right here and I don't have any fancy rubber care products. I have a MK6 JSW and the rubber around the inside of the enormous sunroof needs some attention.
  18. Porch

mk6 JSW hood insulation mat solution

just bought a 2011 JSW tdi 6 speed, love it. the hood insulation mat was disintegrating and covering the engine in brown powder, so i took it off. anyone have any solutions other than just replacing it? factory item is expensive and appears to suck. i'm not opposed to insulating the hood, just...