Search results

1. D

Metal Oil Filter Canister?

I think I have seen them on ECS, but it’s been a few years since I was looking at those since I’ve changed to an older vehicle. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. D

Need advice

If you move the subframe, you will want to at least have the alignment rechecked, may need a little toe adjustment. The subframe does affect the caster to a small degree! When I did my front suspension, I used the old bolts until I got to the alignment shop where we loosened the subframe back...
  3. D

"Cat-ectomy" folks that have done it and like it

The turbo absorbs most of the sound and keeps it relatively quiet! If I remember correctly, the hot Fiats you can but don’t come with a muffler at all from the factory (except California models). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. D

In regards to the mufflerectomy, when I was diagnosing the cat got plugging before I removed it, I actually dropped the exhaust behind the cat(so no muffler) at idle and low revs, you couldn’t tell it was off. I was actually laying under the car with it running and talking on the phone with my...
  5. D

As for sound, should not make much difference, mine did not when I removed it. I believe a 2 1/8 pipe is almost identical size and welds up nicely if I remember. Had mine done at exhaust shop do to lack of welder. My cat is as partially clogged but not as bad as expected. I do enjoy the sound...
  6. D

What did you do to your MKIV today?

The guy didn’t realize the turbo and manifold were one, he was about to charge me for exhaust manifold and turbo! They will be gone before it gets on the car! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. D

Yesterday I went to one one the PYP yards here and pulled brm intake and turbo, intake needs cleaning, turbo looks like it was recently placed in the car. No play and spins freely. Also had no difficulty removing any of the manifold bolts. Also picked up a completed lift gate harness that was...
  8. D

PD TANDEM PUMP REBUILD $25 EBAY KIT (leaking into crankcase/oil)

I think I paid like $10, by calling it a vacuum pump (not a lie)! They have different prices for fuel and vacuum pumps, so I went with the cheaper of the two! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. D

PD TANDEM PUMP REBUILD $25 EBAY KIT (leaking into crankcase/oil)

There are 2 different kits for the tandem pump on eBay, and they both show up when you search even with the part number! Luckily when I took the pump apart I was going to rebuild and found it was not the right kit, they accepted my return! The kit showed in the first post is the one I needed...
  10. D

2006 Jetta TDI needs TLC in South Carolina

I’m not sure about other states, but here in SC, you can no longer title a salvaged car. Brother found this out about 3 months ago. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. D

Yesterday I installed a rear view camera that I had been debating where to place it, followed another members idea and placed it inside the back window, while doing so, I finally found the reason for my rear wiper not working. Both signal wires were broken inside the loom from body to tailgate...
  12. D

Pendulum (dog bone) mount.

I just looked at my sons 14 GLI, had same symptoms and found that the transmission side of the dog bone was completely separated! It was hard to tell by moving engine, visual inspection and a pry bar was the only definitive way to determine. VW shows same part number for the TDI when I looked...
  13. D

Wiper relay?

This may help, looks like in the e-box in engine compartment (fuse and relay box) Lols like there are 2 relays for the wipers R1 & R2 locations! Hope this helps! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. D

Wiper relay?

I’ve got a tech manual somewhere, I’ll see if I can find it and locate the location for you! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. D

Not my TDI, but installed front and rear struts and shocks on a friends 06 NB TDI. Went a lot faster than when I did mine on my golf! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. D

Wiper relay?

Not positive, but should be under the dash on the driver side to the left of the column. It’s been awhile since I was under the dash of that new of model, but if I remember correctly that’s where it was on my 14 when I had it! Pull the covers from under the dash and you should see the relay...
  17. D

Cooling fans run when engine off

Good info, thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. D

Cooling fans run when engine off

That is actually an interesting question, a friends beetle (BEW) has stopped we running after engine shutdown when it had previously, fans are good but won’t come on unless AC is on now! Waiting on control relay to arrive and see what happens then. On my Golf (BEW) I’ve never had the fans come...
  19. D

It took me over a year to solve this MPG puzzle

It would depend on where the IAT is reading from! I checked a new beetle today that has a BEW as well. It was reading 34c on both right after start up. We happened to be in the system checking other stuff and looked at while in there. The temp outside was around 92F On my Golf, I checked it...
  20. D

It took me over a year to solve this MPG puzzle

No, I do not have a temp reading on the cluster. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk