Search results

1. D

electrical gremlins.......bcm issue?

@DrGERTol a million thank you sir. Car is now up and running as it should be. Interesting note: mileage. I usually drive mixed city and I'm admittedly aggressive since I usually get low 30's. When I was doing more highway driving in sales, I would get upper 30's at best. I had to drive the...
  2. D

The new bcm is in and the 09 (J519) code from my old bcm is flashed to it. So far everything is good with just a few minor exceptions. I need to sync the key fob still which I think is supposed to be an easy process. I also had to manually close the pano roof at one point and now the...
  3. D

Just purchased but it won’t be here until Wednesday. I did dry mine out really well after some iso99 and it’s still having some intermittent issues. Now off to the YouTubes to figure out how to get to the Bcm coding I need. This is my dads vagcom and I’m woefully uneducated on how to operate.
  4. D

No not yet. I won’t have a vagcom in my hands until tomorrow evening. I just wanted to take it out and assess damage. I’m going to dry it out and try putting it back in at least until then. Regarding hi vs low: my sportwagen doesn’t have fogs but it does have the full set of gauges with temp...
  5. vw bcm wet.jpg

vw bcm wet.jpg

6. D

I'm guessing that's more water than you want in your BCM? The floor mat pic was after I tilted the computer enough to let it run out. The napkin was once I got in the house and shook it a bit. Can I open this thing up and air dry it? Throw it in rice? I know it's probably f'd but what else...
  7. vw bcm .jpg

vw bcm .jpg

8. vw bcm.jpg

vw bcm.jpg

9. my album

my album

10. D

Yeah I was going to ask next if if CECM and BCM were synonymous. I don't think it's that water pooled up anywhere around it so much as it was dripping down and onto the unit. In the middle now of trying to get it removed. Not a super comfy spot to work in.
  11. D

And I won't have the vagcom until tomorrow evening so I won't be able to check to see its functioning or pull code. I'm reading now that I want to be able to review/copy existing bcm code before pulling it. What if it's completely dead? How do I go about programming replacement unit?
  12. D

Are there cross compatibility issues with bcm units? I see some people are talking about swapping to 2015+ units for other future upgrades. Honestly I just want to make it all work again but I always try to upgrade if replacing.
  13. D

It's gotta be that then. I just went out to sniff around a bit and the carpet is wet right near the kick panel. I re-connected the battery to open the sunroof and check the drain line there. Sure enough, the BCM decided to crap out even further and I just spent the last 20 minutes manually...
  14. D

New possible clue. It started raining here in San Antonio for the first time in 7 or 8 years. An hour later, the car starts honking and the left headlight is on. Pertinent to mention: it rained in Terlingua and Marfa before the trouble first started. It does have the pano sunroof. Maybe a...
  15. D

2014 jsw dsg tdi buyback, 109k or so I've had this car since 2019 and its been relatively trouble-free (aside from the dealership having it to do dpf work twice now under warranty) I just replaced the battery a few weeks ago as the oem unit wasn't holding a charge well anymore. Admittedly...
  16. D

Replacing Front Speakers

Bump. Interested as well.
  17. D

Parts for MKVI Jetta Sportwagen Lift

Average cost of parts for those that went a different route?
  18. D

Interior disassembly to access sunroof drains - 2012 JSW

Cheers to OP! I’m on Tapatalk so maybe that’s the problem, but the pics are tiny and unrecognizable when I look at them. Any chance you host a bigger set?
  19. D

Mk6 Tow Package & skid plate

I’d be interested but I’ll bet shipping would bea deal killer. 78240
  20. D

San Antonio Texas

What’s up to the modded tdi wagon that just honked at me on bandera. I’d lovers ride in in your car to see the Malone tune in action. Let me know. Deft